Volunteer Training Sessions and Application Process
Make a difference — starting now.
We welcome you to the challenging, meaningful and rewarding experience of being a Sharp HospiceCare volunteer.
Here's how you get started.
Fill out an application.
Your application can be mailed to the address at the bottom of this page or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be addressed to Sharp HospiceCare, ATTN: Volunteer Department.
Meet the volunteer requirements.
You must provide the following to qualify as a volunteer.
- A commitment of at least four hours per week for one year
- Either a California driver's license or any picture ID
- Auto insurance (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Student Counselor Form (PDF)
- $25 registration fee ($10 for students) payable at interview
- A commitment of at least four hours per week for a year
- California driver's license
- Auto insurance
- Two letters of recommendation
- $25 registration fee ($10 for students and for seniors over 60) payable at interview
Integrative therapy volunteers must meet the adult requirements and have a minimum of either Level 1 Healing Touch or reiki II practitioner certification.
If you are 18 years or older, a criminal background check will also be performed.
Attend training sessions.
Preregistration and an interview are required before beginning training. You must attend all three training sessions — but if you are interested solely in clerical support, only the first class is required.
Complete health clearances.
After attending your training sessions, you must meet the following health requirements:
- Two-step TB skin test given one week apart at a Sharp Employee Occupational Health Department (EOHD) location
- One dose of seasonal flu vaccine given at EOHD or proof of vaccination provided to EOHD
- If you were born in 1957 or later, documentation of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine or blood test with positive immunity (if you do not have a provider or insurance for the blood test, EOHD can order the test and you will be charged a maximum of $79 due at time of service)
- Documentation of one dose tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) vaccine given in 2005 or later
- A verbal statement if you have had chickenpox illness or documentation of two doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine if you have not had the illness
Find out more.
If you have questions about becoming a volunteer or the application process, please call us at the number below or email us at email@example.com.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I enjoy caring for people of all ages in an up-to-date, educational and compassionate manner."
"I provide personalized care with the same expectation I would have if I was a patient."
"I provide quality, personalized care focused on the best outcomes for each of my patients."
"I treat my patients as I would family and dedicate my full time and attention that I feel they deserve."
"Patients can feel confident that their questions will be answered and that I am a trusted partner in their health care."
"My mission is to teach patients how better health habits can prevent many diseases."
"My goal is to go the extra mile for everyone and to treat each person as a unique individual."