Volunteer Training Sessions and Application Process
All Sharp volunteer programs are suspended at this time. We are not currently accepting volunteer applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Make a difference — starting now.
We welcome you to the challenging, meaningful and rewarding experience of being a Sharp HospiceCare volunteer.
Here's how you get started.
Fill out a volunteer application.
Your application can be mailed to the address at the bottom of this page or emailed to email@example.com. Applications should be addressed to Sharp HospiceCare, ATTN: Volunteer Department.
Meet the volunteer requirements.
You must provide the following to qualify as a volunteer.
- A commitment of at least four hours per week for one year
- Either a California driver's license or any picture ID
- Auto insurance (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Student Counselor Form (PDF)
- $25 registration fee ($10 for students) payable at interview
- A commitment of at least four hours per week for a year
- California driver's license
- Auto insurance
- Two letters of recommendation
- $25 registration fee ($10 for students and for seniors over 60) payable at interview
Integrative therapy volunteers must meet the adult requirements and have a minimum of either Level 1 Healing Touch or reiki II practitioner certification.
If you are 18 years or older, a criminal background check will also be performed.
Attend volunteer training sessions.
Preregistration and an interview are required before beginning training. You must attend all three training sessions — but if you are interested solely in clerical support, only the first class is required.
Complete health clearances.
After attending your training sessions, you must meet the following health requirements:
- Two-step TB skin test given one week apart at a Sharp Employee Occupational Health Department (EOHD) location
- One dose of seasonal flu vaccine given at EOHD or proof of vaccination provided to EOHD
- If you were born in 1957 or later, documentation of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine or blood test with positive immunity (if you do not have a provider or insurance for the blood test, EOHD can order the test and you will be charged a maximum of $79 due at time of service)
- Documentation of one dose tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) vaccine given in 2005 or later
- A verbal statement if you have had chickenpox illness or documentation of two doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine if you have not had the illness
Find out more.
If you have questions about becoming a volunteer or the application process, please call us at the number below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I believe in providing personalized care that patients can't find anywhere else in San Diego."
"My definition of a good doctor is giving the best medical care possible and being available when the patient needs you."
"I provide a wide range of services for my patients with a great and caring staff."
"The Sharp Experience means having a team behind you to help champion your health."