How to Get Documentation of Your COVID-19 Test Results
Once you have received your COVID-19 test results, you can request documentation for your records. We keep your health care records secure and confidential. Below are two options for accessing documentation. Still waiting on your test results?
Option 1: View and print your results in FollowMyHealth.
Your results are available in and printable from your account. If you did not already have a FollowMyHealth account prior to your hospital visit, please check your email for an invitation. If you did not receive an invitation, call 858-627-5201, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need a desktop computer to set up a new account.
How to view your COVID-19 test results from your computer:
- Log in to your FollowMyHealth account on the website.
- Click the “My Health” tab at the top, then select the sub-tab “Results.”
- To the right of your results, click the magnifying glass icon. This will pop up a new window with your result details.
How to view your COVID-19 test results from your mobile device:
- Open your FollowMyHealth app and log in to your account.
- For iPhone, tap “My Health” from the bottom navigation bar.
For Android, tap the hamburger menu on the top left and then click “My Health.”
- Select “Results,” then click the test you are looking for, which will open the summary page.
- Click on the test from the summary page to open the result details.
Option 2: Request your hospital or Sharp Rees-Stealy COVID-19 test results.
We will only release the information you authorize so please be specific about the types of information and dates of service authorized. When filling out the authorization form, choose the Sharp facility or facilities you are requesting records from. Sharp will only release the records from the facility you indicate.
Please note medical records requested by patients may take up to 15 days to complete.
Please use the online form to:
- receive your medical records
- have your medical records sent to another care provider or third party
If you have any questions, give us a call at 858-541-5400, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
If you are still waiting on your test results: Please note that it can take up to five days to process tests, depending on testing volume. If your results are positive, meaning that you have COVID-19, a Sharp doctor or nurse will call you. If your results are negative, your test results can be found in FollowMyHealth. Patients tested at a Sharp hospital also will receive an automated call with your results. Medical records requested by patients may take up to 15 days to complete.