Classes and Events
Accelerated ACLS and PALS Renewal Class for Emergency Room RNs
This eight-hour American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) renewal course is intended for registered nurses who currently work in an Emergency Department where these certifications are utilized.
This fast-paced course reviews the knowledge and skills to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of an adult cardiovascular emergency.
Students are required to manage the 10 core ACLS cases:
- Five types of pre-arrest emergencies (bradycardia, stable bradycardia, stable tachycardia, unstable tachycardia and acute coronary syndromes)
- Four types of cardiac arrest (simple VF/VT, complex VF/VT, PEA and asystole)
- Respiratory emergency
Students are required to demonstrate knowledge of the PALS course content:
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Vascular access
Upon successful completion of the class, students will receive an email the next business day with instructions on claiming their two-year Course Completion eCards through the AHA’s website. Paper cards will no longer be distributed at the class.
Registration for this class is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted. If you do not receive an email confirming your enrollment, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).