Classes and Events
Advances in Critical Care Nursing Conference
Increase your knowledge of critical care nursing at this inaugural conference organized by Sharp Memorial Hospital, one of San Diego’s premier critical care facilities. Experts will discuss cutting-edge advances in critical care medicine and nursing, including trauma, heart failure, emergency resuscitation and behavioral health.
Following this activity, learners should be able to:
- Verbalize understanding of the cumulative toll on those exposed to suffering, hardship, crisis and trauma
- Develop an understanding of how to help others reconcile exposure to trauma
- Describe useful strategies for dealing with behavioral issues in the critically ill patient
- Explain how a community hospital prepared for caring for the highly infectious patient in response to the Ebola outbreak
- Identify treatment priorities using hemodynamic parameters in the critically ill patient
- Discuss recent advances in the medical management of heart failure
- Integrate advanced techniques in the treatment of heart failure
- Review the nursing care and priorities for management of the patient on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Explain how nurses are supported and achieve professional growth in a Magnet designated organization
- Apply evidence based practices for nursing care of the patient undergoing transaortic aortic valve replacement (TAVR) or Mitral Clip
- Analyze chest radiographs and identify common conditions and devices identified in critical care
- Understand the rationale and evidence supporting use of therapeutic hypothermia in critically ill patients
- State major complications associated with therapeutic hypothermia
- Describe the current state of healthcare reform and how it impacts critical care nurses
The fee for this conference is $175 per person, but is free for Sharp HealthCare employees and Sharp-affiliated physicians. Sharp-affiliated physicians must call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm, and to take advantage of this discount.
If this event is full, please call us at the number above and asked to be placed on our waitlist.