Classes and Events
Cesarean Birth Preparation Class in Kearny Mesa
A cesarean delivery is planned for many different reasons. This course is designed specifically for couples who know ahead of time that they will be having a cesarean birth and should be taken in place of a childbirth preparation class.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Indications for cesarean birth
- Preparations for surgery
- Pre-operative procedures and medications
- The birthing process
- DVD of C-section (animated and live birth)
- Breastfeeding after surgery
- Post-operative and recovery procedures
Please note that this class does not include a hospital tour. If you are interested in taking a free tour of the hospital, please register online or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).