Classes and Events
Compassion Cultivation Four-Session Intensive Online Training Class
This workshop is an online four-session intensive designed for Sharp employees, physicians and volunteers. Other working health care professionals from the community may be accepted per instructor approval (all non-Sharp HealthCare workers must call 1-800-827-4277 to register).
The training will distill the essence of the Compassion Institute’s flagship eight-week Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT), which was originally developed at the Stanford University Center for Compassion, Altruism, Research and Education. Drawing from contemplative science, neuroscience and psychology, the content is supported by research on the efficacy of CCT and compassion training.
Class sessions will run for two hours each week and will include informal lectures/discussions, meditation and reflective exercises.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the elements of compassion
- Apply learned compassion skills in everyday life
- Cite at least three scientific findings that support the effectiveness of compassion training
- Consider the viewpoints of others with empathy
- Maintain a sense of occupational well-being rather than burnout