Classes and Events
COVID-19 College Decisions and Challenges: A Discussion for Parents
The COVID-19 pandemic is significantly impacting college decisions and opportunities for families for the second consecutive year. Competition for top schools has increased and testing requirements and deadlines have changed. Many of the familiar events that prepare students and parents for the transition to college have been canceled or changed significantly.
This free online event will provide Sharp employees with an opportunity to discuss and explore their thoughts and feelings about the unique challenges of sending a child to college during these uncertain times.
A few of the questions that we will be discussing include:
- Are you confident your child will make safe choices in this new era?
- How will you manage your anxiety with your children away on campus?
- How have your preferred schools managed COVID-19 safety on campus this year?
- Is your teen ready for the independence of college life after months of remote learning?
- How do you prepare yourself and your child for leaving home without the familiar rituals of prom, grad night, graduation and more?
- Are you prepared for your own experience of your child leaving home?
This event is a safe and confidential space conducted via a HIPAA-compliant Zoom meeting by the Sharp Employee Assistance Program (EAP).