Classes and Events
Electrocardiography and Arrhythmia Recognition Class
The electrocardiography and arrhythmia recognition class is a two-part series that includes both lectures and practice sessions and is open to Sharp HealthCare nurse practitioners and registered nurses who are preparing for ACLS.
Content covered includes cardiac anatomy, electrophysiology and ECG strip analysis. Sinus, atrial, junctional, AV blocks and ventricular arrhythmias are also discussed. Treatments and interventions for all life-threatening situations are emphasized throughout the course.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the normal conduction pathway in the heart
- Recognize the components of a normal ECG and the accompanying heart action
- Demonstrate proper lead placement (Lead I, II, MCL1) and discuss how lead placement affects the ECG pattern
- Analyze ECG rhythm strips using a systematic method
- Identify sinus, atrial, junctional, blocks and ventricular arrhythmias
- State and discuss the treatments for life-threatening arrhythmias