Classes and Events
Enhancing Critical Care Performance Workshops
These monthly classes are open to registered nurses who are new to the ICU at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. They are designed to enhance your knowledge and application of skills in the critical care setting.
The instructor will cover a different area of interest at each session. You may attend as many as you wish, but please sign up for each session individually as space is limited.
2018 Class Schedule
- Feb. 19 - Cath Lab Recovery With TR Band and FemoStop Post Sheath Removal
- March 26 - Early Deterioration With Case Studies
- April 30 - Introduction to Hemodynamics With Swan-Ganz Setup and Drip Management
- May 29 - Ventric/Lumbar With Drain Setup (no skills lab)
- June 25 - Pacemaker With Hands-On Practice
- July 30 - SIOS/CII/DKA and MPage Case Studies
- Aug. 27 - Wound VAC Initiation and Management
- Sept. 24 - HAC With CVL Dressing Change, Foley Insertion and Algorithm
- Oct. 29 - Pain Management, EOL, Ethical Case Studies and Caregiver Stress
- Nov. 26 - Sedation Management, Weaning/Extubation With Overview of Ventilator Settings, Restraints and Delirium With CAM-ICU Assessment