Classes and Events
Fiberglass Splinting Class
This class is open to Sharp HealthCare registered nurses and ortho techs who have not previously received instruction on fiberglass splinting or would like to refresh their skills. Employees will receive training via an online module, as well as in-person, hands-on experience applying splints in a classroom setting.
After registration, you will receive an email notification when your online module is available in Workday Learning. You are required to complete the online module at least one week prior to your scheduled in-person class date.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate in a laboratory setting proper preparation and correct technique for applying fiberglass splints
- Restate the necessary pre- and post-splint checks
- Recognize the four populations at greatest risk for complications related to fiberglass splinting
- Identify potential complications and how to minimize the risk of complications
- Explain proper patient discharge instructions
- Demonstrate correct fiberglass splinting documentation