Classes and Events
Healthy Hearts Nutrition Series
Sharp Rees-Stealy Center for Health Management's Healthy Hearts program can help reduce your risk of heart disease and improve your overall health. This free two-session series helps you to recognize and eliminate risk factors that are controllable. Essential skills that can result in a healthier lifestyle and help prevent heart disease are emphasized.
During this two-session series you will:
- Develop skills for healthy shopping
- Identify new, healthier methods of cooking at home
- Learn basic recipe modification
- Learn how to control blood pressure and cholesterol
- Learn to read food labels
- Practice making heart-healthy choices while dining out
- Understand the importance of fat and fiber
If your preferred class date is full, we also offer a convenient live webinar version of this class. Please visit Health Hearts Webinar for more information.