Classes and Events
HeartMate II & III and HeartWare LVAD Training Class
This course will cover basic principles of LVAS function, trouble-shooting and patient care.
The class is intended for Sharp RNs, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and all RNs who are new to Heartmate LVAS and the HeartWare LVAS or would like a refresher.
At the completion of this class the participant will be able to:
- Describe nursing responsibilities for the care of the patient with the Heartmate or HeartWare LVAS
- Describe the routine maintenance required of the Heartmate and HeartWare
- Discuss the design and operation of the HeartMate II & III LVAS and the HeartWare LVAS
- Discuss troubleshooting emergency situations and actions to be taken for each LVAS
- Identify two operating alarms and corrective measures for each
- List indicators for use of both the HeartMate II & III LVAS and HeartWare LVAS