Classes and Events
Obesity Crisis Conference for Health Care Providers
As obesity rates continue to rise, so does the need for health care providers who have an acute understanding of the issues faced by patients with obesity.
This year’s conference theme is “Practical Approaches to the Care of the Obese Patient”. Experts will address topics associated with obesity, including the behavioral, biological, medical, surgical and social impact. They will also share current evidence-based interventions.
At the end of this conference, you will be able to:
- Explain current interventions to treat disordered sleep patterns for patients with obesity
- Summarize interventions to employ for encouraging exercise
- Utilize methods that demonstrate sensitivity when discussing issues associated with weight
- Differentiate between current trends in diets
- Describe new pharmacologic treatments for weight loss
- Distinguish unique issues with diabetes and cardiovascular disease for patients with obesity
- Understand the risk factors associated with binge-eating disorders and utilize interventions to help patients develop a healthier relationship with food
More information, including the agenda and speaker biographies, is available on the conference website.
Please note this event is free for Sharp HealthCare employees, as well as Sharp-affiliated physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. There is a $100 fee for non-Sharp affiliated attendees.