Classes and Events
PALS Renewal Class
Sharp Chula Vista, Coronado and Grossmont employees are required to complete all American Heart Association (AHA) certifications in RQI at their facility. Please do not register for these in-person class dates below and contact your supervisor with questions.
This one-day course employs the Pediatric Advanced Life Support curriculum designed by the AHA.
The classroom, video-based, instructor-led course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to:
- Basic life support
- Effective resuscitation
- PALS treatment algorithms
- Pediatric assessment
- Team dynamics
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Vascular access
Upon successful completion of the class, students will receive an email the next business day with instructions on claiming their two-year Course Completion eCard through the AHA’s website. Paper cards will no longer be distributed at the class.
Registration for this class is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted. If you do not receive an email confirming your enrollment, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).
What people are saying about our PALS Renewal Class:
“(The instructor) Cynthia is the best! (She) is very informative, engaging and makes everything easy to learn.”