Classes and Events
Phlebotomy Seminar: Customer Service and Injury Prevention
As a phlebotomy patient, what would be your main concerns? What level of service and expertise would you expect from the phlebotomist? How would you want to be treated?
This three-hour class for phlebotomists will discuss typical patient expectations, the basic elements of the Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute's standard of care and techniques for preventing injuries to the patient and to the phlebotomist.
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify behaviors that create a negative impression on our laboratory services
- Discuss the importance of projecting a positive impression of the clinical laboratory
- List strategies that foster a culture of customer service excellence
- Review the most common causes of phlebotomy injuries
- Discuss phlebotomy injury prevention practices
Please note that all registrants must possess one of the following California licenses: CPT, MLT or CLS.