Classes and Events
Preparing for the ANCC Pain Management Nursing Certification Exam Class
Please note that you can attend this class in person or online via Microsoft Teams.
This 2-day course will give Sharp HealthCare registered nurses an overview of test content for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Pain Management Nursing Certification exam. It also provides the prerequisite 15 CEUs required to apply for the exam.
Attendees will have an opportunity to review current fundamentals in pain, assessment, interventions, treatments and patient education. Practice tests will be provided to enhance test-taking skills and you will have an opportunity to enroll for the certification exam.
Learners are encouraged to attend both days, however, single-day registration is available for those who already possess the required CEUs necessary for the certification exam. Day 1 will cover pain fundamentals and day 2 will address pain interventions and professional practice.
After completing this knowledge-based activity, you will be able to:
- Describe the current science of pain pathology
- Apply pain assessment skills to case studies during group learning exercises
- Develop plan of care goals based on multi-modal pain management strategies
- Identify the benefits of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments
- Discuss cultural and health literacy considerations when providing pain education
- Define the ethical and regulatory pain scope and standards
- Indicate pain considerations with special populations (e.g., neonatal, end of life)