Classes and Events
Scoliosis Education for Adults
This virtual workshop is for adults who have scoliosis. A Sharp Rees-Stealy physical therapist will provide basic information about what scoliosis is and the different types that occur, as well as how to maintain good back health with scoliosis.
The two-part class will address the following questions:
- What is scoliosis?
- Why is my back shaped this way?
- Will I be able to walk when I am older, or will I be bent over no matter what I do?
- Is it safe to exercise and how can I do so without making things worse?
- How should I sit?
- What are good sleep positions?
- What are reasonable goals for an adult with scoliosis (i.e., stabilizing the curve/curves, managing pain, improving daily habits to minimize stress on spine)?