Classes and Events
Sharp HealthCare's 2017 Diabetes Conference
This conference is designed specifically for physicians, nurses, dietitians laboratorians, clinical and managerial leaders and others interested in optimizing inpatient diabetes care. It will provide participants with specific tools and strategies for creating a culture that supports and encourages emerging therapeutic trends in glycemic management in the hospital setting.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network with fellow diabetes care professionals and also have access to exhibitor booths throughout the conference.
At the completion of this knowledge-based activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe pump therapy as a method of insulin delivery
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of insulin pump therapy
- State one major difference in the treatment of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- State three risk factors that are important why a person develops Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- Name the two large contributors to patients with diabetes not taking their medications
- Identify what interventions are required to improve patient handover from hospital to primary care