Classes and Events
TB Skin Test Reader Class
This course is designed to provide education and training for tuberculosis prevention and testing. The hybrid class includes a prerequisite self-paced online training module and an hourlong in-person skills class.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission and pathogenesis
- Differentiate between Latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease
- Demonstrate the proper administration and interpretation of the Mantoux TB skin test
- Explain the correct and incorrect methods of placing, reading and interpreting Tuberculin Skin Tests
- Explain the answers to frequently asked questions by health care workers and patients
Please note that you must be a Sharp HealthCare licensed vocational nurse, registered nurse or respiratory therapist to attend this class.