Classes and Events
TB Skin Test Reader Class
This course is designed to provide education and training for tuberculosis prevention and testing. The hybrid class includes a prerequisite self-paced online training module and an hourlong in-person skills class.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission and pathogenesis
- Differentiate between Latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease
- Demonstrate the proper administration and interpretation of the Mantoux TB skin test
- Explain the correct and incorrect methods of placing, reading and interpreting Tuberculin Skin Tests
- Explain the answers to frequently asked questions by health care workers and patients
Please note that you must be a Sharp HealthCare licensed vocational nurse, registered nurse or respiratory therapist to attend this class.
Registration for the Sept. 20 classes is now closed. If you need to take this course, please contact the program manager directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.