Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
You can make a difference.
Interested in becoming a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista? Here's how you do it.
Meet the volunteer requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years old and not a student pursuing higher education
As a volunteer, you will be considered a member of the Sharp Chula Vista Auxiliary, which renders service to the hospital and its patients, promotes the health and welfare of the community and conducts fundraising.
Please note that although volunteering is a great way to gain experience and utilize your existing skills, it does not improve your chances of getting a job at Sharp Chula Vista — volunteers must go through the same application and interview process as general applicants.
Understand your expected commitment.
We offer three levels of volunteer membership:
- Active: Active members, or senior volunteers, are required to contribute a minimum of 50 hours of service each year. This may be fulfilled by in-hospital service and/or participation in the community and fundraising activities.
- Life: Life members make a special contribution to the Auxiliary and hospital by becoming permanent members of the Auxiliary. There is no minimum service requirement. One-time dues are $150.
- Special groups: Mended Hearts, Spiritual Care volunteers, etc.
Fill out an application.
- Download the volunteer application (PDF), fill it out on screen, print it and sign it
- Return the completed application to Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services in person or by mail
Please note that the application process can take anywhere from one to four months. If your application is incomplete in any way, we are not obligated to notify you. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We are unable to accept court-ordered service applications.
Receive an interview.
Applicants considered for a position will be invited to interview. Interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis. Those not considered will receive written notification. It is not our policy to give feedback as to why an applicant was not selected.
Every attempt is made to match applicants to the most appropriate service area with regard to scheduling, skills and interests. Volunteer Services staff reserves the right to place you in a high-priority position. You reserve the right to accept or decline the position.
After your interview, if we have a placement for you, you will be notified by email of your acceptance and will be given a preliminary online orientation.
Upon the completion of the online orientation, you will be instructed to register for the in-person orientation. During the in-person orientation, you will be given information about the purchase of a uniform and how to complete the volunteer health requirements.
Undergo training and begin volunteering.
Upon acceptance, you will learn where you have been placed. After both orientations, and upon completion of your health clearance, you will be scheduled to train.
After you complete three position-specific training sessions, you will be assigned your schedule and can begin volunteering.
Find out more.
If you have questions about becoming a volunteer or the application process, please call us at the number below or email us at email@example.com.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"I am dedicated to the health and well-being of my patients, from birth to young adulthood."