Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Unique opportunities for college students.
Volunteering is a wonderful way for you to make a difference while gaining valuable skills and helping you gauge a career path that's right for you. Sharp Chula Vista offers volunteer opportunities that span a wide variety of interests, including finance, nursing, pharmacy and communications.
To get started, learn how to become a student volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista.
Meet the student volunteer requirements.
All applicants must:
- Be an adult currently enrolled in higher education
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (include unofficial transcripts with application)
- Submit recommendation form (included in application)
Understand your expected commitment.
- A minimum commitment of 1 year, with the option to continue long-term
- A minimum of one 3-to-4-hour shift per week
Please note that the application and onboarding process can take anywhere from one to four months. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If your application is incomplete in any way, Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services is not obligated to notify you.
Radiology, physical therapy and nutrition student volunteers have different requirements — please inquire with the Volunteer Services Department for more information.
Fill out an application.
- Download the student volunteer application form (PDF), fill it out on screen, print it and sign it
- Return all forms, including your unofficial transcripts and recommendation form, to Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services in person or by mail
Receive an interview.
Applicants considered for a position will be invited to interview. Interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis. Those not considered will receive written notification. It is not our policy to give feedback as to why an applicant was not selected.
Every attempt is made to match applicants to the most appropriate service area with regard to scheduling, skills and interests. Volunteer Services staff reserves the right to place you in a high-priority position. You reserve the right to accept or decline the position.
After your interview, if we have a placement for you, you will be notified by email of your acceptance and will be given preliminary online orientation.
Upon completion of the online orientation, you will be instructed on how to register for the in-person orientation. During the in-person orientation, you will be given information about the purchase of a uniform and how to complete the volunteer health requirements.
Undergo training and begin volunteering.
- You will learn where you have been placed upon acceptance
- After both orientations, and upon completion of your health clearance, you will be scheduled to train
- After you complete 3 position-specific training sessions, you will be assigned your schedule and can begin volunteering
Find out more.
If you have questions about becoming a student volunteer or the application process, please call us at the number below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My mission is to deliver the highest possible care with the utmost attention to patient satisfaction."
"I am dedicated to providing complete, high quality and personalized medical care for my patients."
"The Sharp Experience means every patient gets unique and individualized high-quality care."
"The Sharp Experience is about connecting with patients and walking alongside them down the path of health and wellness."
"I provide cutting-edge, compassionate care and treat patients as I would my own family."