Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Volunteer Requirements
It's always a pleasure to welcome new members to our volunteer team. To maintain the quality of our program, there are a few requirements you must meet in order to become a volunteer.
Requirements to become a volunteer.
- Commit to at least one shift per week or two per month for a year (radiology, physical therapy and occupational therapy students excluded)
- Complete an annual TB test
- Dedicate a minimum of one year of volunteer service
- Participate in ongoing training
- Purchase a uniform shirt for a nominal cost
Additional requirements for college students.
- Must be at least 18 years old and attending college
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and submit an application essay (instructions provided in application)
Additional requirements for high school students.
- Must be at least 14 years old and in high school*
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and complete written recommendation form (included in application) from school counselor
*Because of the 1-year commitment, we only accept applications from students in grades 9 through 11. If you are a high school senior, you are welcome to apply to our college or adult program once you have graduated high school.
Find out more.
If you have questions about volunteering or our minimum requirements, please call us at one of the numbers below or send us an email. We are unable to accept court-ordered service applications.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I take the time to listen to my patients concerns in order to recognize individual goals."
"I want my patients to feel safe, to feel that all their concerns are being addressed."
"I focus on preventive measures, as it is the best way to keep kids healthy and happy."
"My goal is to provide my patients with an exceptional experience by exceeding their expectations."
"I endeavor to provide the best possible results, no matter how simple or challenging the case may be."
"I strive to provide a professional environment for good quality and safe patient care."
"I am dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate cancer care and being an advocate for my patients."