Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Volunteer Opportunities at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Your gift of time can change a life.
Sharp Grossmont volunteers have been making a difference in East County since 1952. As one of the largest and most active hospital volunteer programs in California, more than 780 adult and student volunteers contribute more than 109,000 hours of service to our hospital and community each year.
Many ways to make a difference.
Our wide range of volunteer opportunities allows you to choose how you can make the greatest impact. We are happy to accommodate your passions and ideas to find the right fit for you. Here are a few possibilities:
- Assisting staff on patient floors and intensive care units
- Greeting and escorting patients and visitors
- Helping raise funds to support hospital programs
- Providing clerical support to hospital departments
- Providing music therapy in the physical rehabilitation unit
- Running errands for hospital departments
- Staffing an on-campus shuttle for patients, visitors and employees
- Staffing the Grossmont Hospital Auxiliary's two gift shops and the Thrift Korral — a thrift shop and boutique in La Mesa
- Visiting patients as "TLC volunteers" or with our Mended Hearts, pet therapy and clown therapy programs
Expand your own horizons.
In addition to helping others, meeting new people and making a significant impact in your community, the benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Career exploration and scholarship opportunities for high school students
- Discounts at Sharp hospital pharmacies
- Free meal while on duty
- Group discounts to area attractions and events
- Invitations to social gatherings
- Leadership-building opportunities
- Use of campus medical libraries
Become a volunteer today.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"Each patient deserves the time and personalized care of a qualified specialist in a sensitive and thorough manner."
"I make every effort to deliver comprehensive and quality orthopedic care tailored to individual needs."
"I want my patients to feel safe, to feel that all their concerns are being addressed."
"I strive to provide the best possible quality of care in the most compassionate way possible."
"It is an honor to be a part of an organization that displays such competence, compassion and integrity."
"I provide courteous, professional services, involving the patient in all decisions by informative discussion with a focus on best care possible."