Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Volunteer Opportunities at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
All Sharp volunteer programs are suspended at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Your gift of time can change a life.
Sharp Grossmont volunteers have been making a difference in East County since 1952. As one of the largest and most active hospital volunteer programs in California, more than 780 adult and student volunteers contribute more than 109,000 hours of service to our hospital and community each year.
Many ways to make a difference.
Our wide range of volunteer opportunities allows you to choose how you can make the greatest impact. We are happy to accommodate your passions and ideas to find the right fit for you. Here are a few possibilities:
- Assisting staff on patient floors and intensive care units
- Greeting and escorting patients and visitors
- Helping raise funds to support hospital programs
- Providing clerical support to hospital departments
- Providing music therapy in the physical rehabilitation unit
- Running errands for hospital departments
- Staffing an on-campus shuttle for patients, visitors and employees
- Staffing the Grossmont Hospital Auxiliary's gift shop and the Thrift Korral — a thrift shop and boutique in La Mesa
- Visiting patients as "TLC volunteers" or with our Mended Hearts, pet therapy and clown therapy programs
Expand your own horizons.
In addition to helping others, meeting new people and making a significant impact in your community, the benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Career exploration and scholarship opportunities for high school students
- Discounts at Sharp hospital pharmacies
- Free meal while on duty
- Group discounts to area attractions and events
- Invitations to social gatherings
- Leadership-building opportunities
- Use of campus medical libraries
Become a volunteer today.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"I work to provide centered care, focused on the functional recovery of each patient."
"The Sharp Experience means combining leading-edge techniques with traditional methods to help patients achieve functional improvement for a pain-free life."
"The Sharp Experience means providing the utmost care and professionalism to every single patient."
"My goal is to provide my patients with an exceptional experience by exceeding their expectations."
"I strive to treat each patient with care and respect, while restoring life and relieving symptoms."