Sharp Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
Save a spot
Walk-ins welcome. If no reservations are available, go directly to the ER.
Parking is available in parking structures located on Frost Street, on Health Center Drive or in front of Sharp Mary Birch. Parking fees may apply.
Our Emergency and Trauma Center is available 24 hours a day and is supported by a medical staff dedicated to clinical excellence and The Sharp Experience.
It's safe to get care.
Medical emergencies, including signs of heart attack and stroke, always need prompt treatment. Here's how Sharp Memorial is keeping its emergency department safe for patients to get the care they need.
- Limited visitors
- Masking for all patients, employees and doctors
- Patients are pre-screened for COVID symptoms before they can enter the building
- Any patient with COVID-19 symptoms is immediately taken to a separate, designated area for care.
- All employees and doctors are screened for COVID symptoms before they come to work
- Enhanced social distancing in lobby areas
- Hospital-grade, high-level disinfection to assure the highest cleanliness standards for each patient
- All emergency doctors are board certified by the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Employees and doctors follow the highest state and national standards for infection prevention
Why Choose Sharp Memorial for Emergency Care?
- Care for up to four trauma patients at a time, and another 52 private patient-care rooms
- Centrally located off Route 163
- Large, comfortable lobby
- Offers a fast-track assessment system to treat patients more quickly (average wait time is less than 20 minutes to see a doctor)
- The first in San Diego to receive the prestigious Lantern Award for its consistent clinical methods and constant commitment to improving service
- Provides an extraordinary level of care — each patient receives a call after their visit to ensure they are feeling better and to help answer any questions
Emergency Care Programs and Services
- Advanced diagnostic images with 64-view CT scanner located in the Emergency and Trauma Center
- Cardiac and stroke center with dedicated equipment and specially trained staff
- Lab tests can be performed in the center for quicker results
- X-rays are taken in the center's dedicated radiological suites
- Uniquely qualified to care for older adults, as accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians