Find a Doctor
Sharp-Affiliated San Diego Physicians
Tips for choosing a Sharp doctor.
Choosing a physician is one of the most important health care decisions you can make. Your doctor is your partner and your advocate. You want someone with expertise and compassion, who takes the time to get to know you, and provides a level of care that exceeds your expectations.
At Sharp, our physicians are here to do just that. Let us help you find the one for you.
Determine what you're looking for in a doctor.
First, spend some time thinking about what is important to you in a physician. Here are some questions to get you started:
- Access: Do you need your doctor to participate in a specific insurance or health plan?
- Experience: Do you want an older or younger doctor?
- Gender: Do you want your doctor to be male or female?
- Language: Do you need someone who can speak a language other than English?
- Location: Do you want the office to be close to your work or your home?
- Practice style: What is the doctor's philosophy of healing and health care?
Search for a doctor who is right for you.
You can find your ideal doctor with our quick, easy-to-use Find a Doctor tool and search for a doctor by medical specialty. Use the answers to the questions above to narrow down your search, and then browse through a list of physicians who meet your criteria. Each physician's profile will give you a good sense of their practice, services, educational background and personal interests.
You can also speak with a physician referral nurse who knows all about our doctors and can help you find the perfect fit. Our specially trained referral nurses can:
- Answer questions about physicians' qualifications
- Help you narrow down your choices
- Help you schedule your first appointment