Virus Precautions in Effect
Hospital and Clinic Visitor Restrictions
Keeping you and your loved ones safe is our top priority.
While it is safe to come to any Sharp facility for your medical needs, we have implemented new visitor restrictions for our hospitals to protect those who are most vulnerable in accordance with the County Health Department order.
Until further notice, the following restrictions are in effect.
- No visitors are allowed to visit a patient at any Sharp hospital or skilled nursing, subacute or transitional care facility, except in an end-of-life situation or if the patient is a minor.
- Only one adult (18 and older) support person is allowed for maternity patients at Sharp hospitals.
- Only one adult (18 and older) is allowed to visit an adolescent patient at Sharp Mesa Vista.
- No children are allowed inside the lobbies of Sharp hospital Emergency Departments and Sharp Mary Birch.
- Anyone visiting under these restrictions must be free of any symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Allowed visitors will be screened for health and travel history prior to seeing a patient.
To connect with a loved one who is a patient in a Sharp hospital, consider sending an e-card. Your personalized e-card will be printed at the hospital and hand-delivered to your friend or family member.
Sharp Mary Birch:
- Labor and Delivery: Patients are allowed one support person (18 and older) and a Sharp Mary Birch-employed doula. No outside doulas are permitted at this time.
- Maternal and Infant Services and recovery: Only one support person (18 and older) is allowed.
- NICU: Only adults with wristbands will be allowed in the NICU, and siblings will not be permitted.
Sharp Rees-Stealy clinics:
- No one under the age of 18 may accompany a patient to any appointment at a Sharp Rees-Stealy clinic.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"My goal is to serve the family's medical needs with an emphasis on keeping everyone healthy."
"I care about my patients. They will be seen whenever is needed, regardless of the time of the day."