Flu Guidelines for Hospital Visitors
Keeping you and your loved ones safe is our top priority.
For your safety and the safety of our patients, we have implemented the following guidelines:
- Guests of any age with symptoms of a cold or the flu are not permitted to visit. These symptoms include fever higher than 100.4° F, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat and/or body aches.
- Guests age 12 and younger are restricted from visiting any patients and will not be permitted on patient floors at this time.
- Patients are limited to a maximum of two visitors at a time.
- Only banded parents who do not have cold or flu symptoms are permitted to visit Neonatal Intensive Care Units.
To help stop the spread of germs, please remember to:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw the tissue in the trash afterward. Or, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds after coughing or sneezing, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your face, especially your nose, mouth and eyes.
Please get your annual flu vaccine if you have not already done so.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience means excellent health care from a highly professional, committed team."
"I believe in caring for the whole person and the whole health of the mind, body and spirit."
"I try to create a comfortable environment to make each patient feel that they will be listened to."
"The opportunity to improve the quality of lives makes this the best job in the world."
"Patients are satisfied when they receive top-quality care for a broad range of medical problems."
"I want to help patients by listening and working together toward optimal health."