Sharp Memorial Hospital
Head and Neck Services at Sharp Memorial Hospital
Our expert head and neck specialists deliver the highly skilled care you need.
Sharp Memorial Hospital specializes in the treatment of head and neck diseases, which encompass a wide variety of disorders from the collarbone to the top of the head.
Common conditions include sinus disorders, sleep apnea and salivary and thyroid tumors. More complex diseases include benign and malignant tumors (cancers) and complicated head trauma.
Because cancers of the head and neck can affect how you talk, eat, smell and see, patients with these conditions require special expertise. At Sharp Memorial, our expert team of head and neck cancer specialists — one of the top teams in the country — delivers highly skilled care to our patients.
Why choose Sharp Memorial Hospital for head and neck services?
- Access to our world-class team, which includes board-certified head and neck surgeons, neurosurgeons, neuropathologists, neuroradiologists, neuro-ophthalmologists, radiation oncologists, oral surgeons and plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Coordinated team approach, through which physicians work together across specialties to deliver individualized patient care
- Our affiliated physicians attend bimonthly, multidisciplinary head and neck surgery conferences to discuss patient cases and collaborate on treatment plans
- State-of-the-art surgery suites include the latest systems for neuro-navigation
- Expertise in minimally invasive endoscopic procedures, including balloon sinuplasty™, sialoendoscopy and endoscopic Zenker's surgery
- Specialty in providing second opinions
- American College of Surgeons' highest accreditation as a system-wide Integrated Network Cancer Program
- Rehabilitation services — including physical therapy, speech/swallow therapy and occupational therapy
- Head and neck nurse navigator program guides patients through treatment and recovery
- Specially trained dietitians provide nutritional assessments and counseling to stay well nourished
- Free support services for cancer patients including counseling, support groups, education and referrals
- Access to clinical trials that offer innovative treatment for many head and neck diseases
Head and neck programs and services.
Sharp Memorial Hospital's head and neck program provides a full range of customized care for patients. Services include:
- Head and neck cancer treatment
- Salivary gland tumor surgery
- Sleep apnea conditions and treatment options
- Sinus conditions and surgery
- Smell and taste disorders
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
Discover Sharp Health News.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My desire is to improve the quality of life for my patients while utilizing surgical training, experience and expertise."
"I provide a high-quality, patient-centered approach before, during and after treatment."
"I strive to provide friendly, compassionate care to my patients in a way I would want to be treated."
"I want all patients to feel they are cared for and know their concerns are my concerns."
"I aim to provide high-quality care in a friendly environment and to recognize each patient's needs."
"I love being a part of a comprehensive team of great players with genuine concern at Sharp."
"My goal is to provide the same outstanding care for my patients that I would for my family or myself."