Sharp Memorial Hospital
Head and Neck Services at Sharp Memorial Hospital
Our expert head and neck specialists deliver the highly skilled care you need.
Sharp Memorial Hospital specializes in the treatment of head and neck diseases, which encompass a wide variety of disorders from the collarbone to the top of the head.
Common conditions include sinus disorders, sleep apnea and salivary and thyroid tumors. More complex diseases include benign and malignant tumors (cancers) and complicated head trauma.
Because cancers of the head and neck can affect how you talk, eat, smell and see, patients with these conditions require special expertise. At Sharp Memorial, our expert team of head and neck cancer specialists — one of the top teams in the country — delivers highly skilled care to our patients.
Why choose Sharp Memorial Hospital for head and neck services?
- Access to our world-class team, which includes board-certified head and neck surgeons, oral surgeons, plastic surgeons, reconstructive surgeons, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, ophthalmologists, radiologists, and pathologists.
- Coordinated team approach, through which physicians work together across specialties to deliver individualized patient care
- Our affiliated physicians attend multidisciplinary head and neck surgery conferences to discuss patient cases and collaborate on treatment plans
- State-of-the-art surgery suites include the latest systems for neuro-navigation
- American College of Surgeons' highest accreditation as a system-wide Integrated Network Cancer Program
- Specialty in providing second opinions
Specialty services we provide.
- Expertise in minimally invasive endoscopic skull base and sinus surgery
- Robotic surgeries, such as transoral robotic surgery (TORS)
- Rehabilitation services — including physical therapy, speech/swallow therapy, lymphedema therapy and occupational therapy
- Head and neck oncology navigator program guides patients through treatment and recovery
- Board-certified oncology dietitians provide nutritional assessments and counseling to stay well nourished
- Free support services for cancer patients including counseling, support groups, education and referrals
- Access to clinical trials that offer innovative treatment for many head and neck diseases
Head and neck programs and services.
Sharp Memorial Hospital's head and neck program provides a full range of customized care for patients. Services include:
- Head and neck cancer treatment
- Salivary gland tumor surgery
- Sleep apnea conditions and treatment options
- Sinus conditions and surgery
- Smell and taste disorders
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
Sharp Memorial Hospital
San Diego, CA 92123
Open 24 hoursGet Directions
Discover Sharp Health News.
Treating cancer with robotic-assisted surgery
Scott was looking for options other than radiation or chemotherapy to treat his tongue cancer.
Attitude of gratitude after tongue cancer
What Sarah thought was a canker sore on her tongue ended up being something more serious.
Dr. Brianna Harris operates on the body’s tiniest blood vessels — some smaller than a pencil point.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
Dr. Keith Jackson
"I want all patients to feel they are cared for and know their concerns are my concerns."
Dr. Michael Keefe
"My goal is to provide the same outstanding care for my patients that I would for my family or myself."
Dr. Paul Schalch Lepe
"The Sharp Experience is about connecting with patients and walking alongside them down the path of health and wellness."
Dr. Benjamin Saltman
"I provide a high-quality, patient-centered approach before, during and after treatment."
Dr. Ronald Mathiasen
"I strive to provide friendly, compassionate care to my patients in a way I would want to be treated."
Dr. Douglas Brewster
"I aim to provide high-quality care in a friendly environment and to recognize each patient's needs."
Dr. Perry Mansfield
"I love being a part of a comprehensive team of great players with genuine concern at Sharp."
Dr. James Amsberry
"My desire is to improve the quality of life for my patients while utilizing surgical training, experience and expertise."