Sharp Memorial Hospital
Health Requirements for Volunteers
At Sharp, we're committed to the highest levels of health and safety. To become one of our volunteers, we ask that you obtain the following health clearances for your safety and that of our patients, visitors and staff.
Required volunteer health clearances.
Volunteers in all areas must meet the following health clearance requirements:
- A tuberculosis (TB) blood test given at Sharp Employee Occupational Health Department (EOHD), your college's student health services or personal physician's office. You must bring your TB test receipt to our EOHD nurse. TB blood testing is provided by Sharp EOHD at no charge.
- Documentation of two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine.
- Documentation of one dose of the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine given in 2012 or later.
We suggest not receiving any vaccines (such as MMR, Tdap or varicella) until an EOHD nurse has explained your requirements. It's best to locate your immunization record if you plan on applying to volunteer. If invited to join our program, you will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine but it is not required to volunteer.
Our seasonal influenza policy.
- All volunteers are required to be vaccinated or to sign a declination form by Nov. 1 of each year
- Flu vaccines are provided by Sharp EOHD at no charge
Find out more.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"It is a privilege to listen to and provide the highest quality of medical care to my patients."
"The Sharp Experience means the cooperation between patient and doctor, and providing the best possible care to patients in a compassionate environment."
"I want all patients to feel they are cared for and know their concerns are my concerns."
"I take the time to listen to each patient and determine strategies in order to minimize health risks."
"The Sharp Experience entails not just the treatment of a disease, but the entirety of a patient's experience from the moment they walk through the office door."
"I aim to provide cutting-edge medical care in a humanistic and honest manner every day."