Sharp Memorial Hospital
Health Requirements for Volunteers
At Sharp, we're committed to the highest levels of health and safety. To become one of our volunteers, we ask that you obtain the following health clearances for your safety and that of our patients, visitors and staff.
Required volunteer health clearances.
Volunteers in all areas must meet the following health clearance requirements:
- A tuberculosis (TB) blood test given at Sharp Employee Occupational Health Department (EOHD), your college's student health services or personal physician's office. You must bring your TB test receipt to our EOHD nurse. TB blood testing is provided by Sharp EOHD at no charge.
- Documentation of two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine.
- Documentation of one dose of the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine given in 2012 or later.
We suggest not receiving any vaccines (such as MMR, Tdap or varicella) until an EOHD nurse has explained your requirements. It's best to locate your immunization record if you plan on applying to volunteer. The COVID-19 vaccine and booster are required to volunteer for safety.
Our seasonal influenza policy.
- All volunteers are required to be vaccinated or to sign a declination form by Nov. 1 of each year
- Flu vaccines are provided by Sharp EOHD at no charge
Find out more.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I aim to provide high-quality care in a friendly environment and to recognize each patient's needs."
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."
"I treat patients as I would want a physician to treat my own friend or family member."
"The Sharp Experience is a comprehensive and holistic approach to health care that emphasizes excellence, compassion and the patient experience while delivering optimal, evidence-based medicine."
"Most people can tell you what is wrong if you ask the right questions and listen to their answers carefully."
"I strive to provide individualized patient care that is cost effective and evidence based."