Sharp Memorial Hospital
Health Requirements for Volunteers
Our volunteer program application process will be restart on April 2. We appreciate your interest in volunteering on the Sharp Metropolitan Medical campus in Kearny Mesa.
At Sharp, we're committed to the highest levels of health and safety. To become one of our volunteers, we ask that you obtain the following health clearances for your safety and that of our patients, visitors and staff.
Required volunteer health clearances.
Volunteers in all areas must meet the following health clearance requirements:
- A tuberculosis (TB) blood test given at Sharp Employee Occupational Health Department (EOHD), your college's student health services or personal physician's office. You must bring your TB test receipt to our EOHD nurse. TB blood testing is provided by Sharp EOHD at no charge.
- Documentation of two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine.
- Documentation of one dose of the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine given in 2012 or later.
We suggest not receiving any vaccines (such as MMR, Tdap or varicella) until an EOHD nurse has explained your requirements. It's best to locate your immunization record if you plan on applying to volunteer. If invited to join our program, you will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine but it is not required to volunteer.
Our seasonal influenza policy.
- All volunteers are required to be vaccinated or to sign a declination form by Nov. 1 of each year
- Flu vaccines are provided by Sharp EOHD at no charge
Find out more.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience is a comprehensive and holistic approach to health care that emphasizes excellence, compassion and the patient experience while delivering optimal, evidence-based medicine."
"I provide a high-quality, patient-centered approach before, during and after treatment."
"The Sharp Experience means exceeding patients' expectations by providing the highest quality women's health care possible."
"I work closely with every patient to ensure that they reach the best outcome possible."
"I want patients to understand that I am doing everything possible to ensure their well-being."
"The Sharp Experience means providing the highest quality of patient-centered care."