Proxy Accounts: Access to a Loved One's Health Information
It's easy for you to manage your family's health care as well as your own with FollowMyHealth®, a patient portal owned and operated by Allscripts, Inc., and provided by Sharp as a service for patients.
What you can access.
We make it easy to manage your family's health care. Due to California privacy regulations, the information you can access for minor patients will depend on their age.
Here's what you can expect:
Children ages 11 and younger
- You will have full access.
- You cannot view clinical information, appointments or other related items.
- You can schedule appointments with doctors connected to your child prior to their 12th birthday.
- You can reply to all messages, but can only send messages to doctors connected to your child prior to their 12th birthday.
- You will have full access, and will need to provide proof of conservatorship, power of attorney or an advance directive.
How to get access.
While your family member may already be on your insurance plan, you will still need to request access to view and manage their health information.
Newborns: If you deliver a baby at a Sharp hospital, you will automatically receive an email invitation to connect your FollowMyHealth account to your baby's health information. If you do not already have an account, you will need to set one up.
Sharp Community and SharpCare medical group patients: Contact the patient's doctor's office to request access.
Sharp Rees-Stealy patients: Submit a completed authorization form to request access. You may submit the form now or at the patient's next appointment.
Sharp hospital patients: To access hospital visit information, submit a completed authorization form.
Grant access to your account.
If you would like to give a spouse or loved one access to your account, follow these steps from a desktop computer:
- Log in to your own FollowMyHealth account
- From the main screen, go to "My Account" and choose "My Connections"
- Select "With Family Members, Dependents, etc."
- Select "Add Authorized Individual"
- Follow the instructions provided
You may grant read-only access or full access, which allows your loved one to interact on your behalf including making appointments and messaging your doctors.