Family Accounts: Access to a Loved One's Health Information
It's easy for you to manage your family's health care as well as your own with FollowMyHealth®, a patient portal owned and operated by Allscripts, Inc., and provided by Sharp as a service for patients.
You may request two types of access:
- Access to another adult’s account
- Access to a minor or dependent adult’s account
What you can access for minors and dependent adults.
We make it easy to manage your family's health care. Due to California privacy regulations, the information you can access for minor patients will depend on their age.
Here's what you can expect:
Children ages 11 and younger
- You will have full access.
Children ages 12 to 17
- You cannot view clinical information, appointments or other related items.
- You can schedule appointments with doctors connected to your child prior to their 12th birthday.
- You can schedule lab and flu vaccine appointments.
- You can reply to all messages, but can only send messages to doctors connected to your child prior to their 12th birthday.
- You will have full access, and will need to provide proof of conservatorship, power of attorney or an advance directive.
How to access the account of a minor and dependent adult.
While your family member may already be on your insurance plan, you will still need to request access to view and manage their health information.
Newborns: Mothers who deliver a baby at a Sharp hospital will automatically receive an email invitation to connect their FollowMyHealth account to baby's health information. Fathers will need to submit an authorization form to request access.
Sharp Community and SharpCare medical group patients: Contact the patient's doctor's office to request access.
Sharp Rees-Stealy patients: Submit an authorization form to request access. You may submit the form now or at the patient's next appointment.
Sharp hospital patients: To access hospital visit information, submit a completed authorization form.
How to grant another adult access to your account.
If you would like to give a spouse or loved one access to your account, follow these steps from a desktop computer:
- Log in to your own FollowMyHealth account
- From the main screen, go to "My Account" and choose "My Connections"
- Select "With Family Members, Dependents, etc."
- Select "Add Authorized Individual"
- Follow the instructions provided
You may grant read-only access or full access, which allows your loved one to interact on your behalf including making appointments and messaging your doctors.
We're here to help.
- Sharp Rees-Stealy and Sharp hospital patients: 858-627-5201 (Monday to Friday, 6 am to 8 pm)
- Sharp Community Medical Group: 888-670-9775
- SharpCare Medical Group: 619-522-4000
- Send us an email