Robotic Prostate Cancer Surgery at Sharp HealthCare
Quicker recovery, potential for reduced risk of incontinence and impotence.
If your urologist recommends surgery to treat your prostate cancer, you may be a candidate for this new, less-invasive procedure. Robotic surgery uses state-of-the-art technology that allows the surgeon's hand movements to translate into extremely precise movements within the operative site.
The magnified, three-dimensional view and small, robotic instruments enhance the surgeon's ability to perform complex procedures through small incisions and preserve minuscule nerves and arteries that, when cut, can cause impotence or incontinence.
With robotic-assisted surgery, patients experience less pain, risk of infection and scarring as well as a faster recovery and return to normal activities, a shorter hospital stay and a potential for reduced risk of sexual dysfunction and incontinence.
Why choose Sharp for robotic prostate cancer surgery?
- Sharp was the first in San Diego to perform robotic-assisted surgery using the da Vinci® robotic surgical system, in 2005
- Surgeons across specialties are highly trained and experienced in robotic surgery and committed to optimal outcomes
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to providing professional, compassionate and individual care to patients and their families."
"I am passionate about education and ensure that my patients are always well informed."
"Educating patients about their condition is paramount to providing good medical care."
"The Sharp Experience means constantly striving to exceed patient expectations in a collaborative and supportive environment."
"I love practicing urology and try to take care of my patients the way I'd like to be treated."
"I believe in treating people with compassion and work hard to provide high-quality urologic care."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.