Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following PDF resources to make the referral process as easy as possible.
To refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare or Sharp Transitions, please submit our form.
Resources for advance care planning
- Advance care planning:
- Brochure (English)
- Brochure (Spanish)
- Form (English)
- Form (Spanish)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form
- Advance Care Planning Under Medicare FAQs
- CPR Decision Aid
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form
- POLST Form (Spanish)
Resources for advanced illness management
Resources for COVID-19
Resources for hospice care
Articles and resources for professionals
- End-of-Life Care Transition Patterns of Medicare Beneficiaries
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I understand my patients' sacrifice of time and ensure positive experiences while in my care."
"I treat all patients with respect and dignity while providing excellent medical care."
"The Sharp Experience is providing the right care at the right time in a manner in which the patient feels like family."
"The Sharp Experience means providing a new standard of care that exceeds the expectations of every patient by treating them with the utmost care, compassion and respect."
"My mission is to teach patients how better health habits can prevent many diseases."
"As a family practice physician I am privileged to care for every member of the family."
"The Sharp Experience means treating one another with respect, dignity and most importantly, compassion."