Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following PDF resources to make the process as easy as possible to refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare.
Resources for advance care planning.
- Advance Care Planning Brochure and Form
- Advance Care Planning Brochure and Form (Spanish)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form
- POLST Form (Spanish)
Resources for advanced illness management.
- Sharp Transitions Brochure
- Sharp Transitions Brochure (Spanish)
- Sharp Transitions Guidelines
- Sharp Transitions Referral Form
Resources for hospice care.
- Sharp HospiceCare Medicare Guidelines
- Sharp HospiceCare Referral Form
- Sharp HospiceCare English Brochure
- Sharp HospiceCare Spanish Brochure
Articles and resources for professionals.
- End-of-Life Care Transition Patterns of Medicare Beneficiaries
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I provide quality, personalized care focused on the best outcomes for each of my patients."
"I provide personalized care with the same expectation I would have if I was a patient."
"I work to monitor your health maintenance issues so that you can become a healthy 80-year-old."
"I believe in caring for the whole person and the whole health of the mind, body and spirit."