Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following PDF resources to make the referral process as easy as possible.
To refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare or Sharp Transitions, please submit our form.
Resources for advance care planning
- Advance care planning:
- Brochure (English)
- Brochure (Spanish)
- Form (English)
- Form (Spanish)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form
- Advance Care Planning Under Medicare FAQs
- CPR Decision Aid
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form
- POLST Form (Spanish)
Resources for advanced illness management
Resources for COVID-19
Resources for hospice care
Articles and resources for professionals
- End-of-Life Care Transition Patterns of Medicare Beneficiaries
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I understand my patients' sacrifice of time and ensure positive experiences while in my care."
"I aim to provide high quality medical care in a respectable, efficient and friendly manner."
"I believe that I serve my patients most effectively by actively listening to their concerns about their health."
"The most important aspect in a physician-patient relationship is the trust and confidence that develop."
"I work to monitor your health maintenance issues so that you can become a healthy 80-year-old."