Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following PDF resources to make the process as easy as possible to refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare.
Resources for advance care planning.
- Advance Care Planning Brochure and Form
- Advance Care Planning Brochure and Form (Spanish)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form
- POLST Form (Spanish)
Resources for advanced illness management.
- Sharp Transitions Brochure
- Sharp Transitions Brochure (Spanish)
- Sharp Transitions Guidelines
- Sharp Transitions Referral Form
Resources for hospice care.
- Sharp HospiceCare Medicare Guidelines
- Sharp HospiceCare Referral Form
- Sharp HospiceCare English Brochure
- Sharp HospiceCare Spanish Brochure
Articles and resources for professionals.
- End-of-Life Care Transition Patterns of Medicare Beneficiaries
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I provide service excellence, teaming with patients and family members and continuing to improve care overall."
"I want to deliver the highest quality care in a collaborative manner with each of my patients."
"I work with my patients to help them achieve the best current and future health possible."
"My mission is to teach patients how better health habits can prevent many diseases."