Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following PDF resources to make the process as easy as possible to refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare.
Resources for advance care planning.
- Advance Care Planning Brochure and Form
- Advance Care Planning Brochure and Form (Spanish)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form
- POLST Form (Spanish)
Resources for advanced illness management.
- Sharp Transitions Brochure
- Sharp Transitions Brochure (Spanish)
- Sharp Transitions Guidelines
- Sharp Transitions Referral Form
Resources for hospice care.
- Sharp HospiceCare Medicare Guidelines
- Sharp HospiceCare Referral Form
- Sharp HospiceCare English Brochure
- Sharp HospiceCare Spanish Brochure
Articles and resources for professionals.
- End-of-Life Care Transition Patterns of Medicare Beneficiaries
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"Patients are satisfied when they receive top-quality care for a broad range of medical problems."
"My ability to be a good listener allows me to be a more compassionate physician."
"As a family practice physician I am privileged to care for every member of the family."
"I want to help patients by listening and working together toward optimal health."
"I believe in forming a partnership to improve the quality of life for my patients."
"My goal is to empower my patients to make sound decisions that affect their health."