Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
All Sharp volunteer programs are suspended at this time. We are not currently accepting volunteer applications. Thank you for your understanding.
If you want to give back and make your passions count, you've found the right place, At Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, we offer many rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Lend a hand or a shoulder to lean on.
- Birch Patrick aide: accompany and assist residents with a variety of daily activities
- Birch Patrick call light operator: answer patient call lights and respond to patient needs
- Maternity aide: assist postpartum mothers, infants, families and staff
- Patient companion: make friendly visits to patients
- Patient navigator: support patients and staff, bake cookies and serve coffee at the Barnhart Cancer Center
Add warmth to someone's day.
- Arts for Healing: distribute arts and crafts materials to patients and guests, assist with creation of projects
- Book cart: distribute reading materials to patients
- Emergency lobby liaison: greet and escort patients and family members
- Ambassador and reception and information desk: greet and escort patients and visitors in the main lobby
- Shuttle driver: provide on-campus transportation to patients, staff and visitors
Provide valuable assistance.
- Ambulatory care aide: assist nurses and tend to needs of surgical patients and family
- Clerical services: varies among hospital departments; clerical experience preferred
- Emergency Department aide: support to staff and comfort care to patients
- Infusion Center aide: clerical support and comfort care to patients
- Pharmacy aide: deliver medications to hospital units
Join our gift shop team.
- Gift shop: customer service, cashier and stocking
Share your talents and experience.
- Integrative therapy: Healing Touch, reiki, hand massage, aromatherapy
- Knit/crochet circle: make handmade items for hospital patients
- Mended Hearts: a program where former heart patients provide emotional support to our heart surgery patients
- Music for healing: provide musical entertainment for patients and guests
- Pet therapy: visit patients with your certified pet
- Physical therapy: pre-physical therapy students assist in the department (minimum of 200 hours)
To learn more about becoming a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista, select one of the following:
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I believe in providing quality care in a transparent way through a strong doctor-patient relationship."
"I strive to provide the best orthopedic care possible for all patients and to treat each patient the way I would like to be treated."
"I am dedicated to the treatment of kidney disease and health promotion in a caring and cost-effective manner."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"I deliver excellent and compassionate care to the center of my attention — the patient."
"The Sharp Experience entails not just the treatment of a disease, but the entirety of a patient's experience from the moment they walk through the office door."