Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
If you want to give back and make your passions count, you've found the right place, At Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, we offer many rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Lend a hand or a shoulder to lean on.
- Birch Patrick aide: accompany and assist residents with a variety of daily activities
- Birch Patrick call light operator: answer patient call lights and respond to patient needs
- Maternity aide: assist postpartum mothers, infants, families and nursing staff
- Patient companion: make friendly visits to patients
- Patient navigator: support patients and staff, bake cookies and serve coffee at the Barnhart Cancer Center
Add warmth to someone's day.
- Arts for Healing: distribute arts and crafts materials to patients and guests, assist with creation of projects
- Book cart: distribute reading materials to patients
- Emergency lobby liaison: greet and escort patients and family members
- Ambassador and reception and information desk: greet and escort patients and visitors in the main lobby
- Shuttle driver: provide on-campus transportation to patients, staff and visitors
Provide valuable assistance.
- Ambulatory care aide: assist nurses and tend to needs of surgical patients and family
- Clerical services: varies among hospital departments; clerical experience preferred
- Emergency Department aide: support to staff and comfort care to patients
- Infusion Center aide: clerical support and comfort care to patients
- Pharmacy aide: deliver medications to hospital units
Join our gift shop team.
- Gift shop: customer service, cashier and stocking
Share your talents and experience.
- Integrative therapy: Healing Touch, reiki, hand massage, aromatherapy
- Knit/crochet circle: make handmade items for hospital patients
- Mended Hearts: a program where former heart patients provide emotional support to our heart surgery patients
- Music for healing: provide musical entertainment for patients and guests
- Pet therapy: visit patients with your certified pet
- Physical therapy: pre-physical therapy students assist in the department (minimum of 200 hours)
To learn more about becoming a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista, select one of the following:
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"Most people can tell you what is wrong if you ask the right questions and listen to their answers carefully."
"I provide compassionate and competent care with explanations in easily understood language."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"I aim to consider each patient's personal characteristics and direct the best care possible."
"I strive to provide a professional environment for good quality and safe patient care."
"The Sharp Experience means every patient gets unique and individualized high-quality care."
"The Sharp Experience means caring for others and continuously striving to be the best version of yourself."
"I deliver excellent and compassionate care to the center of my attention — the patient."
"Helping people see clearly is a privilege that brings me great happiness — personally and professionally."
"I am dedicated to improving the health of people with cardiovascular disease."