Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
If you want to give back and make your passions count, you've found the right place, At Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, we offer many rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Lend a hand or a shoulder to lean on.
- Birch Patrick aide: accompany and assist residents with a variety of daily activities
- Birch Patrick call light operator: answer patient call lights and respond to patient needs
- Maternity aide: assist postpartum mothers, infants, families and nursing staff
- Patient companion: make friendly visits to patients
- Patient navigator: support patients and staff, bake cookies and serve coffee at the Barnhart Cancer Center
Add warmth to someone's day.
- Arts for Healing: distribute arts and crafts materials to patients and guests, assist with creation of projects
- Book cart: distribute reading materials to patients
- Emergency lobby liaison: greet and escort patients and family members
- Ambassador and reception and information desk: greet and escort patients and visitors in the main lobby
- Shuttle driver: provide on-campus transportation to patients, staff and visitors
Provide valuable assistance.
- Ambulatory care aide: assist nurses and tend to needs of surgical patients and family
- Clerical services: varies among hospital departments; clerical experience preferred
- Emergency Department aide: support to staff and comfort care to patients
- Infusion Center aide: clerical support and comfort care to patients
- Pharmacy aide: deliver medications to hospital units
Join our gift shop team.
- Gift shop: customer service, cashier and stocking
Share your talents and experience.
- Integrative therapy: Healing Touch, reiki, hand massage, aromatherapy
- Knit/crochet circle: make handmade items for hospital patients
- Mended Hearts: a program where former heart patients provide emotional support to our heart surgery patients
- Music for healing: provide musical entertainment for patients and guests
- Pet therapy: visit patients with your certified pet
- Physical therapy: pre-physical therapy students assist in the department (minimum of 200 hours)
To learn more about becoming a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista, select one of the following:
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."
"My goal is to provide the safest and most effective cardiac surgical care for each individual patient."
"I am dedicated to improving the health of people with cardiovascular disease."
"I am dedicated to providing innovative and comprehensive lung and heart surgical treatment."
"My goal is to provide high quality health care to women throughout all stages of life."
"My goal is to provide my patients with an exceptional experience by exceeding their expectations."
"I specialize in performing weight-loss surgery to increase patients' health and quality of life."