Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
All Sharp volunteer programs are suspended at this time. We are not currently accepting volunteer applications. Thank you for your understanding.
A moment of your time can change someone's lifetime.
Sharp Chula Vista volunteers have been making a difference in the South Bay since 1966. More than 300 adult and student volunteers contribute more than 50,000 hours of service to our hospital and community each year.
Countless ways to give back.
No matter your skills or interests, our diverse range of volunteer positions allows you to choose the best way to make your passions count. Some of the many important roles you could fill include:
- Assisting staff throughout the hospital campus, including all patient floors, emergency department, Birch Patrick Convalescent Center and Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center
- Greeting and escorting patients and visitors
- Helping raise funds to support hospital programs and services
- Patient support through integrative services
- Providing clerical support to hospital departments
- Running errands for hospital departments
- Provide courtesy shuttle services to patients, visitors and employees on campus
- Provide customer service support at Sharp Chula Vista Auxiliary's gift shop
What volunteering can do for you.
In addition to helping others, meeting new people and making a significant impact in your community, the benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Career exploration for high school students
- Discounts at Sharp hospital pharmacies
- $6 meal voucher while on duty
- Group discounts to area attractions and events
- Leadership-building opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities for college students
- Inclusion in Sharp HealthCare social events
- Use of hospital medical library
Become a volunteer today.
To become a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista or to learn more about our program, select from the options below.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to the treatment of kidney disease and health promotion in a caring and cost-effective manner."
"The Sharp Experience means well-informed patients receiving superior care with the latest medical technology in a sensitive and respectful setting."
"I strive to provide the best orthopedic care possible for all patients and to treat each patient the way I would like to be treated."
"My goal is to care for each person as an individual and provide a unique experience for all."
"My practice partners with patients to consistently and compassionately provide high-quality care."
"The Sharp Experience means receiving the highest level of care San Diego has to offer."