Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
A moment of your time can change someone's lifetime.
Sharp Chula Vista volunteers have been making a difference in the South Bay since 1966. More than 300 adult and student volunteers contribute more than 50,000 hours of service to our hospital and community each year.
Countless ways to give back.
No matter your skills or interests, our diverse range of volunteer positions allows you to choose the best way to make your passions count. Some of the many important roles you could fill include:
- Assisting staff throughout the hospital campus, including all patient floors, emergency department, Birch Patrick Convalescent Center and Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center
- Greeting and escorting patients and visitors
- Helping raise funds to support hospital programs and services
- Patient support through integrative services
- Providing clerical support to hospital departments
- Running errands for hospital departments
- Provide courtesy shuttle services to patients, visitors and employees on campus
- Provide customer service support at Sharp Chula Vista Auxiliary's gift shop
What volunteering can do for you.
In addition to helping others, meeting new people and making a significant impact in your community, the benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Career exploration for high school students
- Discounts at Sharp hospital pharmacies
- $6 meal voucher while on duty
- Group discounts to area attractions and events
- Leadership-building opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities for college students
- Inclusion in Sharp HealthCare social events
- Use of hospital medical library
Become a volunteer today.
To become a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista or to learn more about our program, select from the options below.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I take pride in working closely with my patients to provide the most appropriate and up-to-date treatment."
"I provide compassionate and competent care with explanations in easily understood language."
"I strive to provide a unique environment where women can feel cared for by a knowledgeable, compassionate physician."
"My goal is to provide efficient evaluation and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders with compassion and quality."
"My goal is to provide my patients with an exceptional experience by exceeding their expectations."
"I work to provide high quality medical and surgical ophthalmic care with enthusiasm and compassion."