Sharp Coronado Hospital
Volunteer Opportunities at Sharp Coronado Hospital
Change a life today.
Sharp Coronado Auxiliary volunteers have been making a difference since 1958. We'd love to welcome you to our volunteer family of more than 130 men and women who generously share their time and skills with our hospital and community.
So many ways to make a difference.
No matter your skills or interests, our wide range of volunteer opportunities allows you to choose the best way to make your passions count. Here are a few possibilities:
- Activity cart
- Baking cookies for patients and visitors
- Gift shop
- Lobby desk
- Meals on Wheels program
- Music and Memory
- Quilt and Afghan Group
- Second Best thrift shop
- Supporting hospital staff
What volunteering can do for you.
The benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Build relationships with fellow volunteers while attending auxiliary luncheon meetings
- Develop a deeper connection to your community through event participation
- Participate in community events
- Receive a 10 percent discount at our pharmacy on over-the-counter products, and a 15 percent discount at our gift shop during the winter holiday season (October to December)
- Receive a subscription to our auxiliary's "In the Pink" newsletter
How to become a volunteer.
To become a Sharp Coronado volunteer, you must be at least 18 years of age, complete an application, receive an interview and be accepted for a position. After that, you are required to:
- Attend an orientation session
- Pay annual dues
- Purchase a volunteer uniform
- Receive an annual health clearance
When you're ready to apply, download and fill out an application, print it and mail it to us at: Sharp Coronado Hospital Volunteer Services, 250 Prospect Place, Coronado, CA 92118.
We look forward to meeting you.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience is about making patients feel they are the most important people in the world to me."
"My goal is to go the extra mile for everyone and to treat each person as a unique individual."
"I want to deliver the highest quality care in a collaborative manner with each of my patients."