Sharp Coronado Hospital
Volunteer Opportunities at Sharp Coronado Hospital
Change a life today.
Sharp Coronado Auxiliary volunteers have been making a difference since 1958. We'd love to welcome you to our volunteer family of more than 200 men and women who generously share their time and skills with our hospital and community.
So many ways to make a difference.
No matter your skills or interests, our wide range of volunteer opportunities allows you to choose the best way to make your passions count. Here are a few possibilities:
- Blood pressure clinic
- Gift shop
- Lobby desk
- Meals on Wheels program
- Supporting hospital staff
- Telephone committee
What volunteering can do for you.
In addition to helping others, meeting new people and making a significant impact in your community, the benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Attending auxiliary luncheon meetings
- Participating in community events
- A 25 percent discount at our pharmacy on over-the-counter products, and a 10 percent discount at our gift shop during the winter holiday season (October to December)
- Subscription to our auxiliary's "In the Pink" newsletter
How to become a volunteer.
To become a Sharp Coronado volunteer, you must be at least 18 years of age, complete an application, receive an interview and be accepted for a position. After that, you are required to:
- Attend an orientation session
- Pay annual dues
- Purchase a volunteer uniform
- Receive an annual TB test
To get the ball rolling, please call our Volunteer Services Office at the number below. We look forward to meeting you.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My greatest pleasure comes from the personal interaction I have with patients and their families."
"The Sharp Experience means every patient gets unique and individualized high-quality care."
"The Sharp Experience is about making patients feel they are the most important people in the world to me."
"I take the time to listen to my patients concerns in order to recognize individual goals."