Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Resources for New and Expectant Mothers
Having a baby is an exciting time. Whether you’re a first-time mother or an experienced mom who already has children, we’ve provided several resources to help you in your journey in one convenient place.
To keep everyone safe, our childbirth preparation classes are being offered virtually. Below you can also access class outlines, handouts and other educational materials that are easily downloadable.
We look forward to caring for you and your newborn.
- Childbirth Preparation Class outline, 1-day class
- Childbirth Preparation Class outline, 4-week class
- Class slides — downloadable PowerPoint guide to follow along with Childbirth Preparation Class
- Class slides — downloadable PowerPoint guide to follow along with Childbirth Preparation Class (Labor Aid & Comfort Measures)
- Child car seat safety guide
- Positions for laboring
- Maternity preadmission form
- Birth plan form — please print out, complete and return to the hospital
- Virtual tour — since we're unable to offer in-person tours at this time, we’ve created an online tour to give you an idea of what to expect upon arrival and to help ease concerns
- Early labor: when to go to the hospital
Baby Care Basics
- Baby Care Basics Class outline
- Class slides — downloadable PowerPoint guide to follow along with Baby Care Basics Class
- Breastfeeding Class outline
- Class slides — downloadable PowerPoint guide to follow along with Breastfeeding Class
- Establishing and maintaining milk supply
- Tongue motion and effective breastfeeding
- Pumping breastmilk
- Conditions affecting breast milk supply
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"My interests are in performing interventional pain management procedures for my patients."
"The Sharp Experience means providing patient-centered care that encompasses physical, mental, sexual and spiritual health in an unbiased and nonjudgmental environment."
"I love being a part of a comprehensive team of great players with genuine concern at Sharp."
"I take the time to listen to my patients concerns in order to recognize individual goals."
"My patient care philosophy is to empower and educate parents so they feel comfortable and confident with their child."