Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
Educational Materials and Class Resources
Thank you for choosing Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns for your childbirth and newborn education.
We recognize this has been a challenging time for our expectant families and Sharp Mary Birch remains committed to providing the education and resources to help make your journey to parenthood as smooth as possible. That's why we are virtually offering educational material from our classes and a variety of helpful resource guides to help you be well-informed and navigate your pregnancy and early days of parenthood.
Download our class outlines, PowerPoints, handouts and specialized guides below. Please note that you may need to disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view these materials.
Baby Care Basics
- Class outline
- Class slides — a downloadable guide to follow along with our virtual Baby Care Basics class
- Videos — a series of educational videos on basic newborn care
- Your guide to baby's first year — an electronic resource given out at our Baby Basics education class, which covers topics such as family lifestyle changes, what to expect immediately after your baby is born, newborn care, breastfeeding and pumping, baby gear, safety and infant development
- Class outline
- PowerPoint slides — a downloadable guide to follow along with our virtual breastfeeding class
- Great start — an electronic resource given out at our breastfeeding education class, which covers topics such as benefits and types of breast milk, preparing for breastfeeding, positioning, latching, expressing, feeding cues, nutrition, going back to work and possible breastfeeding challenges
- Establishing and maintaining milk supply
- Tongue motion and effective breastfeeding
- Pumping breastmilk
- Conditions affecting milk supply and breastfeeding
- Class outline for 4-week childbirth preparation class
- Child car seat safety guide
- Positions for laboring
- Gift of motherhood — a free electronic resource given out at our childbirth education classes, which covers topics such as nutrition and exercise, pre-labor through birth, cesarean birth, adjusting to parenting, newborn care and breastfeeding
Virtual guides and class resources
- Your guide to pregnancy: a resource for expectant parents
- We're expecting you: information to prepare for your hospital stay
- Preparing for surgery: information for your hospital stay (for moms delivering by cesarean section)
- Early labor: when to go to the hospital
- New beginnings resource guide
- Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders: mental health during and after pregnancy
- Guiding parents through the NICU experience
- Sharp Baby powered by YoMingo app
- Virtual hospital tour
- New Beginnings Boutique brochure
- Sharp Mary Birch COVID-19 FAQs
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I provide quality gynecological care to women from adolescence to past menopause."
"The Sharp Experience signifies a warm and fostering environment that delivers exceptional patient care."
"Nothing compares with the joy of assisting during the birth of a child. It's an honor to share such an important part of a patient's life."