Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
New Patient Resources
Welcome to Sharp Rees-Stealy.
Our doctors and staff consider it a privilege to care for you and will continually strive to exceed your expectations. Please watch this welcome video from our CEO and one of our outstanding doctors.
Please read our:
- English version or Spanish version of our Notice of Privacy Practices
- English version or Spanish version of our Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- English version or Spanish version of our Advance Care Planning guide to help you outline your health care choices
- Patient resources page to help you actively manage your care
Safely get the care you need.
To help you get started taking advantage of the benefits of being a Sharp Rees-Stealy patient, read about helpful tools and resources, getting the right care at the right time, accepted insurance plans, online bill pay, appointment booking information, locations, finding a doctor and more.
Virtual and in-person urgent care
Get the urgent care you need when and how you need it. Learn about virtual urgent care or find the closest Sharp Rees-Stealy urgent care to you, where you can check wait times and save a spot.
Primary and specialty care
From regular checkups with your primary care doctor to visits with medical specialists, we offer you and your family several virtual and in-person options for receiving care.
Manage your health care online with FollowMyHealth
FollowMyHealth is a patient portal owned and operated by Allscripts, Inc., and provided by Sharp as a service for patients. With FollowMyHealth, you can message your doctor's office, schedule and cancel appointments, view test results and more. When messaging your doctor's office, you can expect a response within one business day.
Online appointment check in
Skip the line and check in ahead of time. Check in up to 48 hours before most in-person appointments.
Coordinated care services for HMO patients
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Home (Coordinated Care) programs provide free, personalized support for HMO patients who have experienced a critical event or diagnosis. We can help you manage your health, understand your diagnosis, access resources and navigate the health care system.
More you can expect from your care at Sharp.
- Lab test results: Standard lab test results will be available within three business days. Specialty lab and Pap results will be available within 10 business days.
- Radiology: Written results for X-ray, CT/MRI/DEXA or mammography visits will be available in FollowMyHealth within three business days.
- Forms: Requested forms will be available for pick up within five business days.
- Prescription refills: Contact your pharmacy for refills. Sharp Rees-Stealy pharmacies require at least three business days for prescription refills. If authorization from your doctor is required, please allow up to seven business days for prescription refills.
- Referrals: Physical therapy will contact you within 10 business days. CT/MRI will contact you within five business days. Specialty departments will contact you within 14 business days.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View Sharp Rees-Stealy doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience is a comprehensive and holistic approach to health care that emphasizes excellence, compassion and the patient experience while delivering optimal, evidence-based medicine."
"Helping people see clearly is a privilege that brings me great happiness — personally and professionally."
"The Sharp Experience means the cooperation between patient and doctor, and providing the best possible care to patients in a compassionate environment."
"The thought of helping kids when they cannot express themselves is very compelling."
"The Sharp Experience means constantly striving to exceed patient expectations in a collaborative and supportive environment."
"The Sharp Experience means patient care comes first and everyone at Sharp strives to accomplish this transcendental ideal."