Find a Doctor
Doctor Ratings and Reviews
About the Press Ganey satisfaction survey.
At Sharp HealthCare, our focus is The Sharp Experience — treating people, not patients, and transforming health care for our entire community. To ensure we are providing the best care possible to our patients, we have partnered with Press Ganey, a leading provider of patient experience measurement.
With more than 30 years in the health care industry, Press Ganey is a recognized pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. Today, Press Ganey partners with more than 50 percent of hospitals nationwide and more than 1,100 medical practices.
Who receives the survey?
Sharp Rees-Stealy patients receive a paper or electronic survey within a few days after their doctor's office visit.
Sharp Community Medical Group patients receive a paper survey once their claim is processed following a visit with a participating provider.
The survey provides patients with the opportunity to provide feedback about their care experience so that we can continue improving the services we provide at Sharp HealthCare. Approximately 72,000 surveys are returned each year.
What questions does Press Ganey ask?
The Press Ganey medical practice survey asks questions regarding patients' care experience in a medical office setting. Questions cover the following topics: access, moving through visit, nurse/assistant, care provider, personal issues and overall assessment. Patients are asked to rate their experience on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being "very poor" and 5 being "very good."
How are star ratings determined?
Star ratings are derived from patients' feedback to the 10 questions within the care provider section of the survey, including:
- Friendliness/courtesy of care provider
- Explanations care provider gave you about your problem or condition
- Concern care provider showed for your questions or worries
- Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
- Information care provider gave you about medications (if any)
- Instructions care provider gave you about follow-up care
- Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand
- Amount of time care provider spent with you
- Your confidence in this care provider
- Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
How are reviews managed?
Patients have the opportunity to provide comments regarding their experience with their care provider. We post both negative and positive reviews. We do not post comments that are libelous, profane, inappropriate or compromise the privacy of our patients. Press Ganey is compliant with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The Press Ganey Seal of Integrity — a commitment to objective data standards.
When the Press Ganey Seal of Integrity accompanies the physician star rating and reviews, you can be sure that the information is valid and objective. The measures have been tested in national validation studies to ensure reliability, predictive validity and construct validity. By displaying the Seal of Integrity, an organization proudly acknowledges that the data meet scientifically rigorous standards, and the organization is certified to meet the following requirements:
- 100 percent validation of patient responses. Responses are from the patients who saw the referenced physician.
- Compliance with the Press Ganey Star Rating methodology (zero to five stars).
- Assurance of 30 or more survey returns per provider.
- Complete posting of positive and negative feedback with the exception of comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane or those that risk patient privacy.