What to Expect: Chemotherapy Treatment at Sharp
The staff at Sharp's infusion therapy centers will work with you to make your experience as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Before your visit.
- Your doctor's office will make your first appointment.
- After your first appointment, you will schedule future appointments.
- Chemotherapy plans vary based on each patient's individual needs. At your first appointment we will explain how long each of your future appointments will last.
- When you arrive, schedule your next visit with the team member at the front of our center.
- For your safety, our staff will verify your identity.
- A certified chemotherapy nurse will talk to you about your chemotherapy drugs.
- You may receive anti-nausea medication prior to chemotherapy.
- Your nurse will start an intravenous line or access your central line to administer your medication.
- Once your treatment begins, our team will closely monitor you and keep you comfortable throughout your visit.
Your comfort matters.
- When you arrive one of our nurses will help you settle into a recliner.
- Feel free to invite family members or close friends to keep you company during your treatment; we have limited space and ask that you limit your visitors to two people per visit.
- We suggest that you dress in layers to ensure your comfort as the temperature naturally fluctuates during the day and throughout the space. We can also provide a warm blanket if you are cold.
- When you are here you will have your own TV with a DVD player and headphones. You are welcome to bring your own movies or watch one of the television channels.
- We provide coffee, tea, juice or soft drinks. Please feel free to bring any additional snacks, lunch or drinks to your appointment.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"My mission is to provide compassionate and courteous care to all of my patients."
"I provide sensitive, comprehensive care for patients with cancer and blood disorders."
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."