What to Expect: Chemotherapy Treatment at Sharp
We're here to help you through your chemotherapy treatment.
The staff at Sharp's infusion therapy centers will work with you to make your experience as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Before your visit for chemotherapy treatment.
- Your doctor's office will make your first appointment.
- After your first appointment, you will schedule future appointments.
- Chemotherapy plans vary based on each patient's individual needs. At your first appointment we will explain how long each of your future appointments will last.
Upon arrival for your chemotherapy treatment.
- When you arrive, schedule your next visit with the team member at the reception area.
- For your safety, our staff will verify your identity.
- A certified chemotherapy nurse will talk to you about your chemotherapy drugs.
- You may receive medication prior to chemotherapy to help reduce potential side effects.
- Your nurse will start an intravenous line or access your central line to administer your medication.
- Once your treatment begins, our team will closely monitor you and keep you comfortable throughout your visit.
Your comfort during your chemotherapy treatment matters.
- When you arrive one of our nurses will help you settle into a recliner.
- Feel free to invite family members or close friends to keep you company during your treatment; we have limited space and ask that you limit your visitors to two people per visit.
- We suggest that you dress in layers to ensure your comfort as the temperature naturally fluctuates during the day and throughout the space. We can also provide a warm blanket if you are cold.
- We provide coffee, tea, juice or soft drinks. Please feel free to bring any additional snacks, lunch or drinks to your appointment.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate cancer care and being an advocate for my patients."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"The Sharp Experience means taking care of a patient the way I would take care of a family member or want to be taken care of myself."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
"The Sharp Experience is a whole-patient approach to care. Sharp provides nutrition services, patient navigation, support groups, counseling and high-quality treatment."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.