Providing chemotherapy treatment for many cancer types.
Sometimes called systemic therapy, chemotherapy is given to treat cancer as well as prevent its recurrence. This medication flows through the whole body and works by targeting fast-growing cells — cancer cells, as well as others — and destroying them.
Chemotherapy is generally given to patients in cycles — a treatment period is followed by a recovery period before another treatment period begins.
Chemotherapy is a common treatment for many cancers, used alone or in conjunction with surgery or radiation therapy.
Learn more about what to expect and how to prepare for chemotherapy treatment at Sharp and read our guide on food safety during cancer treatment.
Types of chemotherapy treatments.
- Heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Biologic therapy
Why choose Sharp for chemotherapy treatment?
- Sharp HealthCare is a leader in oncology research with a team dedicated to offering the latest in cancer clinical trials for almost every tumor type
- Patients receive chemotherapy and other supportive medical treatments from specialty-trained nurses in a comfortable lounge area or private room and return home the same day
Helpful chemotherapy resources.
While our team of clinical experts is always happy to address any questions you may have, we also recommend reviewing the following resources.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"The Sharp Experience is a whole-patient approach to care. Sharp provides nutrition services, patient navigation, support groups, counseling and high-quality treatment."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.