Sharp HealthCare, located in San Diego, provides chemotherapy treatment for many types of cancer.
What is chemotherapy?
Sometimes called systemic therapy, chemotherapy is given to treat cancer as well as prevent its recurrence. This medication flows through the whole body and works by targeting fast-growing cells — cancer cells, as well as others — and destroying them. Chemotherapy is generally given to patients in cycles — a treatment period is followed by a recovery period before another treatment period begins. Learn more about what to expect and how to prepare for chemotherapy treatment.
Cancers we treat with chemotherapy.
Types of chemotherapy treatments.
- Heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Biologic therapy
Why choose Sharp for chemotherapy treatment?
- A leader in experimental clinical oncology with more than 30 clinical trials related to cancer treatment at any time
- Patients receive chemotherapy and other supportive medical treatments from specially trained nurses in a comfortable lounge area or private room and return home the same day
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"My mission is to provide compassionate and courteous care to all of my patients."
"I am dedicated to providing compassionate and exceptional cancer care to my patients and caring for the whole family"
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.