Cancer Clinical Trials
Your access to cutting-edge cancer treatments.
As a leader in clinical oncology research, our Sharp Center for Research offers you the latest clinical trials that assist in discovery of new and improved treatments to help you overcome cancer. With a wide selection of open trials for almost every tumor site we give you more options for cancer research.
As a participant of a clinical trial, you are guided through the use of experimental drugs or treatments that have been recommended based on your type of cancer. Please visit the links below for additional detailed information about our clinical trials.
Enroll in an active clinical trial.
- NCT02926911 - Comparison of concordant care versus active surveillance, sponsored by Alliance Foundation Trials, LLC
Stage 1-2 breast cancer
- NCT01805076 - Use of MRI to improve surgical evaluation, sponsored by Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
Stage 2-3A, node positive breast cancer
- NCT01901094 - Comparing axillary lymph node dissection versus radiation therapy, sponsored by Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
HER2-positive breast cancer
- NCT02492711 - Study drug Margetuximab, Trastuzumab, sponsored by MacroGenics
HER2-negative breast cancer
- NCT02927249 - Study drug aspirin, sponsored by Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- NCT03326674 - Study drug Tesetaxel and Capecitabine, sponsored by Odonate Therapeutics
Other breast cancer clinical trials
- NCT02750826 - No study drug - health education, weight-loss intervention to improve risk of recurrence, sponsored by Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- NCT02308085 - Endocrine therapy interruption for pregnancy and effects on recurrence, sponsored by Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- NCT02912559 - Colon, sponsored by Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, study drug atezolizumab, fluorouracil
Head and neck
- NCT03689712 - Head and neck, sponsored by Galera Therapeutics, Inc., study drug GC4419
- NCT00986661 - Liver, sponsored by Provectus Pharmaceuticals, study drug PV-10
- NCT02831959 - Non-small cell lung cancer, sponsored by NovoCure Ltd, study device NovoTTF-100M
- NCT01994382 - Leukemia or non-Hodgkin lymphoma, sponsored by Portola Pharmaceuticals, study drug cerdulatinib
- NCT02952534 - Metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer, sponsored by Clovis Oncology, Inc., study drug rucaparib
- NCT02975934 - Prostate, sponsored by Clovis Oncology, Inc., study drug rucaparib
- NCT03009981 - Prostate, sponsored by Alliance Foundation Trials, LLC, study drug apalutamide, abiraterone acetate
- NCT02872714 - Urothelial cancer, sponsored by Incyte Corp., study drug INCB54828
- NCT02834013 - Rare tumors, sponsored by National Cancer Institute, study drug ipilimumab, nivolumab
- NCT02744092 - Cancer-related VTE, sponsored by Alliance Foundation Trials, DOAC, LMWH, warfarin
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"I provide sensitive, comprehensive care for patients with cancer and blood disorders."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"I am dedicated to providing compassionate and exceptional cancer care to my patients and caring for the whole family"
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.