Cancer Clinical Trials
Your access to cutting-edge cancer treatments.
As a leader in clinical oncology research, our Sharp Center for Research offers you the latest clinical trials that assist in discovery of new and improved treatments to help you overcome cancer. With a wide selection of open trials for almost every tumor site we give you more options for cancer research.
As a participant of a clinical trial, you are guided through the use of experimental drugs or treatments that have been recommended based on your type of cancer. Please visit the links below for additional detailed information about our clinical trials.
Enroll in an active cancer clinical trial.
- SHCGBM-001, Evaluation of Malignant Peptide Epitope Expression and Immune Response in Glioblastoma Patients, Amtower Foundation
- SHCGBM-002, Evaluation of HER-2 Receptor Expression and HER-2/neu Gene Amplification in Glioblastoma Patients, Amtower Foundation
- A071701, Genomically-guided Treatment Trial in Brain Metastases ( NCT03994796), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- AFT-25, Comparison Of Operative To Monitoring and Endocrine Therapy (COMET) Trial For Low Risk DCIS: A Phase III Prospective Randomized Trial (NCT02926911), Alliance Foundation Trials, LLC
- DS8201-A-U301, A Phase 3, multicenter, randomized, open-label, active-controlled study of trastuzumab deruxtecan (DS-8201a), an anti-HER2-antibody drug conjugate, versus treatment of investigator's choice for HER2-positive, unresectable and/or metastatic breast cancer subjects previously treated with T-DM1 (NCT03523585), Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
- A011502, A randomized phase III double blinded placebo-controlled trial of aspirin as adjuvant therapy for HER2 negative breast cancer: the ABC trial (NCT02927249), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- A011401, Randomized Phase III Trial Evaluating the Role of Weight Loss in Adjuvant Treatment of Overweight and Obese Women with Early Breast Cancer (NCT02750826), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- IPI-549-301, Phase 2, Multi-arm, Multicenter, Open-label Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of IPI-549 Administered in Combination with Front-line Treatment Regimens in Patients with Locally Advanced and/or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer or Renal Cell Carcinoma (NCT03961698), Infinity Phamaceuticals, Inc.
- A011202, A Randomized Phase III Trial Comparing Axillary Lymph Node Dissection to Axillary Radiation in Breast Cancer Patients (CT1-3 N1) Who Have Positive Sentinel Lymph Node Disease After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy ( NCT01901094), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- A021502, Randomized Trial of Standard Chemotherapy Alone or Combined with Atezolizumab as Adjuvant Therapy for Patients with Stage III Colon Cancer and Deficient DNA Mismatch Repair (NCT02912559), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- NCICOVID, A Longitudinal Natural History Study ( NCT04387656), National Cancer Institute
Head and neck
- GTI-4419-301, ROMAN: Reduction in Oral Mucositis with Avasopasem Manganese (GC4419) - Phase 3 Trial in Patients Receiving Chemoradiotherapy for Locally-Advanced, Non-Metastatic Head and Neck Cancer ( NCT03689712), Galera Therapeutics, Inc.
- PV-10-LC-01, A Phase I Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of PV-10 Chemoablation of Cancer Metastatic to the Liver or Hepatocellular Carcinoma not Amenable to Resection or Transplant (NCT00986661), Provectus Pharmaceuticals
- EF-25, METIS: Pivotal, open-label, randomized study of radiosurgery with or without Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) for 1-10 brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) (NCT02831959), NovoCure Ltd.
- D9103C00001, A Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind, Multi-center, International Study of Durvalumab Following Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) for the Treatment of Patients with unresected Stage I/II, lymph-node negative Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (PACIFIC-4/RTOG-3515) (NCT03833154), AstraZeneca
- ME-401-003, A Multicenter, Open-Label, Single-Arm, Phase 2 Study of ME-401 in Subjects with Follicular Lymphoma After Failure of Two or More Prior Systemic Therapies (NCT03768505), MEI Pharma, Inc.
- APTO-CG-806-01, A Phase 1a/b Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of CG-806 in Patients with CLL/SLL or Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas, ( NCT03893682), Aptose Biosciences
- NGM 18-0402, A Phase 1a/b Dose-Escalation Study Followed by Expansion Cohorts of NGM120, a GFRAL Antagonist Monoclonal Antibody Blocking GDF15 Signaling, in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors and Pancreatic Cancer Using Combination Therapy ( NCT04068896), NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- CO-338-063, TRITON3: A Multicenter, Randomized, Open-label Phase 3 Study of Rucaparib versus Physician's Choice of Therapy for Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer Associated with Homologous Recombination Deficiency (NCT02975934), Clovis Oncology, Inc.
- AFT-19, A Phase 3 Study of Androgen Annihilation in High-Risk Biochemically Relapsed Prostate Cancer (NCT03009981), Alliance Foundation Trials, LLC
- C3441021, A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Talazoparib with Enzalutamide in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (NCT03395197), Pfizer
- S1609, DART: Dual Anti-CTLA-4 and Anti-PD-1 blockade in Rare Tumors (NCT02834013), National Cancer Institute
- IPI-549-301, Phase 2, Multi-arm, Multicenter, Open-label Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of IPI-549 Administered in Combination with Front-line Treatment Regimens in Patients with Locally Advanced and/or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer or Renal Cell Carcinoma ( NCT03961698), Infinity Phamaceuticals, Inc.
- EAY131, Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice (MATCH) ( NCT02465060), National Cancer Institute
- NGM18-0402, A Phase 1a/b Dose-Escalation Study Followed by Expansion Cohorts of NGM120, a GFRAL Antagonist Monoclonal Antibody Blocking GDF15 Signaling, in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors and Pancreatic Cancer Using Combination Therapy ( NCT04068896), NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"My mission is to provide compassionate and courteous care to all of my patients."
"The Sharp Experience means having the tools to be able to support my patients in all aspects of their care."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Lends a Hand
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.