Cancer Clinical Trials
Your access to cutting-edge cancer treatments.
As a leader in clinical oncology research, our Sharp Center for Research offers you the latest clinical trials that assist in discovery of new and improved treatments to help you overcome cancer. With a wide selection of open trials for almost every tumor site we give you more options for cancer research.
As a participant of a clinical trial, you are guided through the use of experimental drugs or treatments that have been recommended based on your type of cancer. Please visit the links below for additional detailed information about our clinical trials.
Enroll in an active clinical trial.
- AFT-25, Comparison Of Operative To Monitoring and Endocrine Therapy (COMET) Trial For Low Risk DCIS: A Phase III Prospective Randomized Trial (NCT02926911), Alliance Foundation Trials, LLC
- DS8201-A-U302, A Phase 3, multicenter, randomized, open-label, active-controlled study of trastuzumab deruxtecan (DS-8201a), an anti-HER2-antibody drug conjugate, versus ado-trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) for HER2-positive, unresectable and/or metastatic breast cancer subjects previously treated with trastuzumab and taxane (NCT03529110), Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
- DS8201-A-U301, A Phase 3, multicenter, randomized, open-label, active-controlled study of trastuzumab deruxtecan (DS-8201a), an anti-HER2-antibody drug conjugate, versus treatment of investigator's choice for HER2-positive, unresectable and/or metastatic breast cancer subjects previously treated with T-DM1 (NCT03523585), Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
- A011502, A randomized phase III double blinded placebo-controlled trial of aspirin as adjuvant therapy for HER2 negative breast cancer: the ABC trial (NCT02927249), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- A011401, Randomized Phase III Trial Evaluating the Role of Weight Loss in Adjuvant Treatment of Overweight and Obese Women with Early Breast Cancer (NCT02750826), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- IPI-549-301, Phase 2, Multi-arm, Multicenter, Open-label Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of IPI-549 Administered in Combination with Front-line Treatment Regimens in Patients with Locally Advanced and/or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer or Renal Cell Carcinoma (NCT03961698), Infinity Phamaceuticals, Inc.
- A021502, Randomized Trial of Standard Chemotherapy Alone or Combined with Atezolizumab as Adjuvant Therapy for Patients with Stage III Colon Cancer and Deficient DNA Mismatch Repair (NCT02912559), Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
Head and neck
- GTI-4419-301, ROMAN: Reduction in Oral Mucositis with Avasopasem Manganese (GC4419) - Phase 3 Trial in Patients Receiving Chemoradiotherapy for Locally-Advanced, Non-Metastatic Head and Neck Cancer (NCT03689712), Galera Therapeutics, Inc.
- PV-10-LC-01, A Phase I Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of PV-10 Chemoablation of Cancer Metastatic to the Liver or Hepatocellular Carcinoma not Amenable to Resection or Transplant (NCT00986661), Provectus Pharmaceuticals
- EF-25, METIS: Pivotal, open-label, randomized study of radiosurgery with or without Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) for 1-10 brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) (NCT02831959), NovoCure Ltd.
- D9103C00001, A Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind, Multi-center, International Study of Durvalumab Following Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) for the Treatment of Patients with unresected Stage I/II, lymph-node negative Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (PACIFIC-4/RTOG-3515) (NCT03833154), AstraZeneca
- ME-401-003, A Multicenter, Open-Label, Single-Arm, Phase 2 Study of ME-401 in Subjects with Follicular Lymphoma After Failure of Two or More Prior Systemic Therapies (NCT03768505), MEI Pharma, Inc.
- CO-338-063, TRITON3: A Multicenter, Randomized, Open-label Phase 3 Study of Rucaparib versus Physician's Choice of Therapy for Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer Associated with Homologous Recombination Deficiency (NCT02975934), Clovis Oncology, Inc.
- AFT-19, A Phase 3 Study of Androgen Annihilation in High-Risk Biochemically Relapsed Prostate Cancer (NCT03009981), Alliance Foundation Trials, LLC
- C3441021, A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Talazoparib with Enzalutamide in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (NCT03395197), Pfizer
- S1609, DART: Dual Anti-CTLA-4 and Anti-PD-1 blockade in Rare Tumors (NCT02834013), National Cancer Institute
- EAY131, Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice (MATCH) (NCT02465060), National Cancer Institute
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"The Sharp Experience is a whole-patient approach to care. Sharp provides nutrition services, patient navigation, support groups, counseling and high-quality treatment."
"To me, The Sharp Experience means passion and purpose for patient care and education."
"The Sharp Experience means taking care of a patient the way I would take care of a family member or want to be taken care of myself."
"My mission is to provide compassionate and courteous care to all of my patients."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
"I am dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate cancer care and being an advocate for my patients."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.