Clinical Oncology Social Work Support Services at Sharp
Oncology social workers provide clinical counseling and other supportive services to help you through all phases of your cancer experience. During this difficult time, our team will provide emotional support as you adjust to your diagnosis and treatment, work with you on coping skills, and serve as an advocate for important needs and concerns. We are available to help you, your family members and care partners before, during and after your course of treatment.
Ways we support you during and after treatment.
- Supportive counseling for you, your family or care partners
- Emotional and behavioral assessments, including evaluation of serious risk or harm
- Crisis intervention
- A wide variety of support groups, classes and webinars where you’ll find trustworthy information about your diagnosis and more
- Decision making regarding treatment options
- Adjusting to an illness, fatigue, hair loss and other side effects of treatment
- Discussing life during and after cancer treatment
- Concerns about sexual function, intimacy, fertility and feeling good about your body
- Complementary and integrative care services
- Assisting with advance health care directives
Ways we provide mental health support.
- What to do when you are feeling overwhelmed and need support
- Dealing with intense feelings of sadness, worry, anger or grief
- Managing caregiver stress
- Living with cancer
- Life as cancer survivor
Ways to communicate with others.
- How to talk with your treatment team members
- Talking to others about cancer
- Navigating work or school
Ways we help you find information.
- Resources for information, support and financial assistance
- Understanding your workplace rights
- Referrals for assistance with living will or medical durable power of attorney
- Dealing with decisions about respite care, assisted living, nursing homes or hospice service
How to reach our team.
Please contact your Sharp HealthCare Cancer Center team to connect you with the clinical oncology social worker at your center.
Learn about our classes and support groups.
Learn more about chemo brain and how you can help your loved one at this free virtual workshop for family caregivers.
This free virtual workshop is offered for cancer patients and their loved ones.
Learn more about scanxiety and how to manage it at this free online workshop for cancer patients and their loved ones.
This online course is designed to teach mindful awareness, self-kindness and self-compassion skills.
Learn about the signs and treatment options for lymphedema at this free online course.
Learn more about chemo brain and how to manage it at this free virtual workshop for cancer patients and their loved ones.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"My mission is to provide compassionate and courteous care to all of my patients."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"The Sharp Experience means having the tools to be able to support my patients in all aspects of their care."
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."
"I provide sensitive, comprehensive care for patients with cancer and blood disorders."