Heart and Vascular Care
Restoring a stronger, healthier you.
Following any cardiac treatment or procedure, you need time to heal and help regaining strength. At Sharp, our heart and vascular rehabilitation team guides you through the process of healing, recovery and rehabilitation, so you can get back to enjoying life.
A recovery plan just for you.
Under the direction of your physician, our rehabilitation staff will design an individualized exercise and education plan focused solely on your healing.
Our shared goal will be to improve your overall quality of life. A few of the ways we do this include scheduling a nursing assessment to evaluate your health status and hear your concerns, planning medically supervised exercise sessions and providing risk-factor modification training for you and your family to reduce your risk of future cardiac health issues.
Rehab for heart disease patients.
If you've already experienced some form of heart disease, making lifestyle changes to maintain heart health is now even more crucial. Our heart disease rehabilitation program goals include:
- Decrease blood pressure if hypertensive
- Decrease body fat, total cholesterol, stress, anxiety, depression and risk of plaque rupture
- Increase exercise tolerance, quality of life, muscular strength and endurance
- Normalize blood sugars (if you have diabetes)
- Reduce risk of coronary artery disease progression while improving overall cardiovascular health
Rehab for peripheral vascular disease patients.
If you've experienced peripheral vascular disease (PVD), our rehabilitation program is designed to reduce your pain and improve your daily living through exercise and lifestyle modification. Our PVD rehabilitation program goals include:
- Decrease hospitalizations
- Improve overall cardiovascular health, circulation, endurance and muscle strength
- Prevent further disease progression to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke and amputation
- Reduce pain symptoms
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience to me is about caring for each patient with the goal of promoting a healthy lifestyle."
"I pride myself on good communication and truly enjoy spending time with my patients."
"I am honored to serve as President of Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group where my colleagues and I strive to provide excellent care and always put the patient first."
"I believe that exceptional patient care stems from mutual trust and open communication."
"I am dedicated to providing complete, high quality and personalized medical care for my patients."
"I strive to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective cardiovascular care possible."
"I make sure my patients are supported and informed to lead healthy, productive lives."