Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Chronic pelvic pain, including pelvic dysfunction and incontinence, is one of the most perplexing areas of human suffering.
Sharp Rehabilitation Services offers a specialized program designed to treat men and women with pelvic region pain and dysfunction. Our comprehensive treatment approach provides evaluation and education and promotes independent self-management.
Conditions we treat.
- Coccyx pain
- Interstitial cystitis
- Pelvic muscle tension
- Pelvic pain
- SIJ dysfunction
- Vulvodynia and vulvar vestibulitis
Our program's goals.
- Decrease in pelvic pain
- Improve bowel and bladder function
- Improve lumbopelvic flexibility
- Improve sexual function
- Improve sitting and walking tolerance
The pelvic dysfunction team varies by the level of care required, which can include:
- Physical therapist (specializing in pelvic dysfunction)
- Registered nurse (specializing in continence)
Your treatment plan.
Treatment duration on average is 1 to 3 times weekly for 6 to 12 weeks. Exceptions may occur that change the duration of treatment. An assessment is performed by a physical therapist and/or registered nurse, which includes:
- Internal assessment of the pelvic floor muscles
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Patient family education
- Pelvic Floor Exercise/Kegel
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Trigger point release of pelvic floor
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in physical medicine/rehab in San Diego.
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."
"I help my patients negotiate through diagnostic and treatment algorithms to reach their ultimate goal."