Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Sharp Rehabilitation Services offers a specialized program designed to treat men and women with pelvic region pain and dysfunction. Our comprehensive treatment approach provides evaluation and education and promotes independent self-management.
Conditions we treat.
- Coccyx pain
- Interstitial cystitis
- Pelvic muscle tension
- Pelvic pain
- SIJ dysfunction
- Vulvodynia and vulvar vestibulitis
Our program's goals.
- Decrease in pelvic pain
- Improve bowel and bladder function
- Improve lumbopelvic flexibility
- Improve sexual function
- Improve sitting and walking tolerance
The pelvic dysfunction team varies by the level of care required, which can include:
- Physical therapist (specializing in pelvic dysfunction)
- Registered nurse (specializing in continence)
Your treatment plan.
Treatment duration on average is 1 to 3 times weekly for 6 to 12 weeks. Exceptions may occur that change the duration of treatment. An assessment is performed by a physical therapist and/or registered nurse, which includes:
- Internal assessment of the pelvic floor muscles
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Patient family education
- Pelvic Floor Exercise/Kegel
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Trigger point release of pelvic floor
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in physical medicine/rehab in San Diego.
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."
"Sharp is synonymous with San Diego, and that means I will treat you just as I would my own next-door neighbor."
"I help my patients negotiate through diagnostic and treatment algorithms to reach their ultimate goal."