Medicare Open Enrollment ends December 7.
Find a New Medicare Plan
Already have Medicare and interested in changing your coverage?
Open enrollment is the time of year when you can review your current Medicare coverage and make any changes for the following year. Medicare open enrollment (also known as the annual enrollment period) begins Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 7 each year.
Missed the Medicare open enrollment period? There are special circumstances that may allow you to change your Medicare plan outside of open enrollment. Connect with a Medicare specialist to discuss your circumstances.
Here’s how to switch
1. Review your current plan and make changes.
Not happy with your current health care coverage? During open enrollment, you can make changes that will take effect Jan. 1 of the coming year.
Even if you are happy with your current plan, there may be reasons you want to switch. It is important to consider:
- Changes in copay
- Coverage needs due to changes in your health
- Doctor or hospital preferences and if they are in your current network
2. Switch to a Medicare plan accepted by Sharp.
When you select one of the plans accepted by Sharp, you'll have access to our skilled and compassionate caregivers.
No matter which plan you choose, as a Sharp patient, you will receive:
- Convenient access to Sharp medical offices and urgent care centers, plus Sharp hospitals and emergency departments
- Coordinated care provided by a primary care doctor working in partnership with you and specialists to maintain your optimal health
- Clinical excellence delivered with understanding and compassion — the level of care we call The Sharp Experience
Get your Medicare questions answered.
Medicare specialists at Sharp HealthCare are here to help.
Medicare Open Enrollment
We walk you through evaluating your coverage and choosing the plan that's right for you during Medicare open enrollment (also called the annual enrollment period).
Read more about Medicare
Medicare can be confusing. We're here to help make it easy.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience means having a team behind you to help champion your health."
"I care about my patients. They will be seen whenever is needed, regardless of the time of the day."
"I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life, even if it is small."
"The Sharp Experience means making sure that every patient feels comfortable and confident with the care that I am providing them."
"My objective is to provide complete, personalized care for patients, treating them as I would any member of my family."