Medicare Open Enrollment ends December 7.
Find a New Medicare Plan
Already have Medicare and interested in changing your coverage?
Open enrollment is the time of year when you can review your current Medicare coverage and make any changes for the following year. Medicare open enrollment (also known as the annual enrollment period) begins Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 7 each year.
Missed the Medicare open enrollment period? There are special circumstances that may allow you to change your Medicare plan outside of open enrollment. Connect with a Medicare specialist to discuss your circumstances.
Here’s how to switch
1. Review your current plan and make changes.
Not happy with your current health care coverage? During open enrollment, you can make changes that will take effect Jan. 1 of the coming year.
Even if you are happy with your current plan, there may be reasons you want to switch. It is important to consider:
- Changes in copay
- Coverage needs due to changes in your health
- Doctor or hospital preferences and if they are in your current network
2. Switch to a Medicare plan accepted by Sharp.
When you select one of the plans accepted by Sharp, you'll have access to our skilled and compassionate caregivers.
No matter which plan you choose, as a Sharp patient, you will receive:
- Convenient access to Sharp medical offices and urgent care centers, plus Sharp hospitals and emergency departments
- Coordinated care provided by a primary care doctor working in partnership with you and specialists to maintain your optimal health
- Clinical excellence delivered with understanding and compassion — the level of care we call The Sharp Experience
Get your Medicare questions answered.
Medicare specialists at Sharp HealthCare are here to help.
For those already enrolled in Medicare, attend this free online class to learn about your options during open enrollment.
Medicare Open Enrollment
We walk you through evaluating your coverage and choosing the plan that's right for you during Medicare open enrollment (also called the annual enrollment period).
Read more about Medicare
Medicare can be confusing. We're here to help make it easy.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I work with my patients to help them achieve the best current and future health possible."
"I enjoy caring for people of all ages in an up-to-date, educational and compassionate manner."
"The Sharp Experience means being a compassionate and comprehensive physician that is able to connect, educate & support a healthy lifestyle for my patients, while encouraging a well-balanced physical and emotional well-being."
"It is important to consider the impact that diseases have on a person's total sense of well-being."