Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Grossmont Care Clinic
Quick care for everyday illnesses and minor injuries.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Care Clinic is now open to San Diegans. For everyday illnesses and minor injuries — like sprains, cuts or ear infections — our care clinic can be a quicker and less expensive alternative to an emergency room visit.
We're open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 11 pm, and on weekends and holidays from 8 am to 8 pm. Walk-ins are always welcome.
Schedule an appointment.
While no appointment is needed, we do offer online scheduling if you'd like to reserve a time in advance.
How to find us.
We're conveniently located next to the Sharp Grossmont Hospital campus, with parking available right next to the care clinic. There is a nominal parking fee during daytime hours, and no charge after 5 pm.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Care Clinic is a separate facility from Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa Urgent Care, which is located adjacent to the Sharp Grossmont Hospital Emergency Department.
Conditions we treat.
Visit the Sharp Grossmont Care Clinic for:
- Broken bones (with no obvious deformity)
- Eye, ear or skin infections
- Headaches (atypical)
- Minor illnesses, such as sore throat, cough, earaches, flu or minor fevers
- Minor burns or cuts
- Strains and sprains
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting or diarrhea
Laboratory and radiology services are located just steps away at Sharp Grossmont Hospital Medical Terrace, and a pharmacy is available right on site.
To learn more, give us a call at 619-724-4122.
Sharp works with many different health plans and insurance companies, and your coverage for services at Sharp Grossmont Care Clinic may vary depending on your plan.
Our staff will ensure that we provide care at the most affordable cost option to you. The maximum out-of-pocket charge for a visit to the Care Clinic is $175.
Important information for Sharp Rees-Stealy patients
If you are a Sharp Rees-Stealy patient, please do not seek care at the Sharp Grossmont Care Clinic and instead choose one of the following options for your care. Learn more about what options are available to you.
- Call your primary care doctor at 858-499-2600 during office hours for an appointment or for help from the clinical care team.
- Call Sharp Nurse Connection® after hours or on weekends at 1-800-767-4277 for primary care medical advice. Or, call 858-499-2600 to be connected to the on-call primary care doctor for medical advice.
- Call 858-499-2600 after hours or on weekends to speak to a specialist the patient is currently seeing.
- Visit one of our five Sharp Rees-Stealy urgent care locations after hours, on weekends and on holidays — including Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa Urgent Care, which is on the Sharp Grossmont Hospital campus and is open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.
If you are unsure about which facilities you may use through your health insurance plan, please contact your health insurance provider at the number located on your health plan identification card.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Care Clinic
A tour of the new Sharp Grossmont Hospital Care Clinic and what to expect when you visit.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience is about connecting with patients and walking alongside them down the path of health and wellness."
"I want to help patients by listening and working together toward optimal health."
"I strive to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective cardiovascular care possible."
"The Sharp Experience means the highest quality of orthopedic care to relieve pain and restore function."
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."
"The Sharp Experience means receiving the highest level of care San Diego has to offer."
"The Sharp Experience is about making patients feel they are the most important people in the world to me."
"My goal is to determine what treatment is most appropriate for each individual patient."