Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Pulmonary Care at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Helping San Diegans breathe easier.
For many of us, breathing happens so naturally that we may not give it a second thought. But at Sharp Grossmont Hospital, we are focused on ensuring that every breath you take continues to be full and effortless. That’s why we offer a broad range of pulmonary services and treatments for lung and breathing conditions, such as:
- Chronic cough
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Lung nodules
- Pleural effusion
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep disorders
- Smoking cessation
Working together to care for you.
Our pulmonary medicine specialists work together with experts across various medical specialties to help keep your lungs as strong and healthy as they can be, while also restoring overall health.
From diagnosis to rehabilitation, our multidisciplinary team of clinicians will create a treatment plan tailored to your condition or disease. Our expert team includes:
- Allergists and immunologists
- Cardiovascular specialists
- Diagnostic and interventional radiologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Sleep disorder specialists
- Thoracic surgeons
A breadth of treatments to meet your needs.
We offer a wide range of diagnostics and lung care treatments, as well as advanced, minimally invasive procedures, such as:
- Bullectomy — removal of large, abnormal air pockets inside the lung
- Chest computed tomography (CT) screening
- CT-guided lung biopsy
- Decortications — removal of thick membrane covering the lung, which may affect breathing
- Esophagectomy — removal of parts of the esophagus
- Thoracentesis — removal of excess fluid between the lung and chest
- Lobectomy — removal of a lobe on the lung
- Lung resection
- Mediastinoscopy — procedure to view and remove tissue from behind the breastbone
- Pleuroscopy — procedure to view the space between the lung and chest
- Pneumonectomy — removal of part or all of the lung
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Segmentectomy — removal of a cancerous tumor
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) and awake video-assisted thoracic surgery (AVATS)
Explore Sharp Health News.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in pulmonary disease in San Diego.
"It is an honor to be a part of an organization that displays such competence, compassion and integrity."
"I find it gratifying to be able to assist my patients in achieving optimal health."