Sharp Memorial Hospital
Heart Valve Surgery Center at Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital specializes in the surgical treatment of heart valve disease. Our affiliated surgeons have extensive experience in mitral valve (also known as bicuspid valve), aortic and tricuspid valve repair and replacement.
Why choose Sharp Memorial's Heart Valve Surgery Center?
- A robust team of internationally renowned health care professionals - including cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and board-certified pulmonologists and intensivists — who care for patients before surgery through rehabilitation and recovery
- At Sharp Memorial Hospital, critical care intensivists are in-house 24 hours a day, ensuring patients receive the highest level of care
- Patients recover in a private room equipped with a sofa sleeper where a loved one can spend the night
- Sharp specializes in advanced cardiac care including mechanical circulatory support and heart transplant
- Surgeons at Sharp Memorial perform more than 100 heart valve repair and replacement surgeries each year, with the majority of patients receiving heart valve repair surgery
- The rich legacy of Sharp Memorial Hospital's cardiac program includes San Diego's first open-heart surgery and heart transplant
- Unparalleled experience with high-risk congestive heart failure patients in San Diego
Sharp Memorial's heart valve surgery team.
Sharp Memorial's Heart Valve Surgery Center is led by a team of board-certified cardiac surgeons who ensure patients and their families receive the best care possible.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in cardiovascular surgery in San Diego.