Heart and Vascular Care
Mechanical Circulatory Support
Heart support systems in San Diego.
Since 1987, more than 900 patients have been supported with mechanical circulatory support systems at Sharp HealthCare. Mechanical circulatory support systems are devices that keep the heart functioning in patients with life-threatening heart disease. Mechanical assist devices can be used to help a heart become stronger, as a temporary support tool until a patient can receive a heart transplant or as a permanent treatment.
- Awaiting heart transplantation (bridge to transplant)
- Expecting cardiac recovery (bridge to recovery)
- Living comfortably at home or traveling with an implantable permanent left ventricular assist device (LVAD), also known as destination therapy
Why choose us?
- Active participation in clinical trials enabling many devices to receive FDA approval and be used more safely and effectively
- Comprehensive onsite heart rehabilitation program
- Nationally recognized clinical researchers and authors covering issues relating to artificial heart pumps
- Sharp Memorial Hospital has advanced certification in ventricular assist devices from The Joint Commission
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to providing complete, high quality and personalized medical care for my patients."
"It is a privilege to practice at an organization with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality patient care."
"I strive to help patients feel better and live longer with compassion, understanding and trained hands of experience."
"I strive to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective cardiovascular care possible."
"I am proud to be able to offer my patients the most advanced minimally invasive surgical treatments."