Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Advanced Endoscopy Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Cutting-edge care in the heart of East County
If you are experiencing issues related to your digestive tract, your doctor may order a nonsurgical procedure called an endoscopy to determine the cause. A tube-like instrument will be inserted into your body to look inside.
Endoscopies allow doctors to diagnose gastrointestinal issues and determine the best course of treatment. At Sharp Grossmont Hospital, we offer a range of procedures to treat conditions such as:
- Barrett's esophagus
- Dysphagia/achalasia (difficulty swallowing)
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Pancreatic pseudocysts
- Tumors of the gastrointestinal tract (throat, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, colon and rectum)
- Strictures (narrowing or blockage of gastrointestinal tract structures)
- Zenker's diverticulum
We also offer advanced endoscopic techniques that allow doctors to treat a variety of issues affecting the digestive tract, including the most complicated cases. We are proud to offer cutting-edge procedures and exceptional care right in your backyard.
Our advanced endoscopic procedures:
- Endoscopic guided gastrojejunostomy/enterostomy — treats blockages of the path between the stomach and small intestine
- Endoscopic guided gastro-choledochal drain enterostomy — alternative to bile duct drainage when traditional ERCP has failed
- Endoscopic ultrasound directed transgastric endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography — diagnoses and treats diseases of the gallbladder, biliary system, pancreas and liver
- Removal of cancerous growths and lesions in the gastrointestinal tract:
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection
- Endoscopic full thickness resection
- Psuedocyst drainage
- Zenker's Diverticulectomy/Zenker's Release
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy — treats achalasia, a tightening of the esophagus, to restore ability to swallow
- Transmural gallbladder drainage
- Transoral Incisionless Fundioplication (TIF) — treats chronic GERD without surgery
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in gastroenterology in San Diego.
"I believe in creating a trusted partnership with patients toward overall well-being."
"I provide specialized, individualized care to address the needs of individuals with liver and GI diseases."